Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Illustration Documentary on Cat shows, need to find willing volunteers!

Discussion in 'Cats Shows and Events' started by Melissakitty, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Melissakitty

Melissakitty PetForums Newbie

Hi, i'm an illustration student currently studying at Kingston University, London, and would love to focus my end of year project on the world of cat shows. The work will eventually be exhibited on portland road.

I don't know much about the shows, or the lives of show cats and their owners, but i feel it could make a really interesting topic, and an opportunity for all you proud cat owners to show the world what it's all about! :)

I plan on making an illustrated book, documenting and following two or more contestants through their journey of preparing and entering their lovely kitties into the show. I'm looking for willing volunteers, who will be happy with me being around a few days a week for perhaps an hour (or whatever is appropriate) drawing and interviewing (and helping out if you wish), preferably around the London area, but i'm willing to travel further since i have a car.

I have a few bits and pieces of my work up here: Melissa Kitty Illustration
    (but it's mostly little projects that we have been set since the beginning of term so nothing nice and finalised)

Yeah, so let me know if you will be up for this! I'll buy you a box of chocolates of course ;)

#1 Melissakitty, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Hi there.

If you're willing to travel to Oxfordshire, I'd love to help out with this. I live just off the A40, so it would be very easy to get to me. I have a Persian who I'm actually just preparing for a show next month, and I'm also fairly unique as I'm blind. Might add another twist to your project... If you're interested, just drop me a message. Even if you're not, the very best of luck to you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice