Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ignorant people!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0nyxx, May 13, 2010.

1. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Ive always been brought up to respect my elders, but to be honest some of them are so rude, it nearly chokes me to keep my mouth shut!

I had to go into town today for a Doc's appointment despite the fact Im still really suffering with this chest infection & very bad hayfever on top of it, I was shattered, dizzy & very wheezy by the time I got back to the bus stop, but like everyone else I stood at the back of the queue.

Then an older lady pensioner but younger one if that makes sense, walked right past all of us (& she's done this to me at least 9 times that I know of) pretended to look at the bus timetable then positioned herself near the front of the queue, there were people older than her whome she walked right past, then pushed on the bus infront of at least 10 others myself included.

Im sorry but thats just plain ignorance in my book, not to mention bad manners, Im a regular bus user as is she & she does it all the time, if she was ill, frail, pregnant or was carrying a small child I wouldnt have minded, but she's just down right rude & inconsiderate.

Obviously she thinks waiting in a queue is beneath her, well next time Im going to say something, I was really rough & a couple of people did say go to the front to me, I thanked them & said I'd wait my turn.

So when she does in next time which I know she will, Im gonna ask hr if she's bloody royalty & beneath waiting her turn in a queue!!! & remind her that she does it all the time & it's not on to be so rude pensioner or not!

2. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

i hate ignorance, that is pretty rude!!!

when waiting for the bus i usually let old people go first anyway but hate it when people push in but usually i feel bit petty so don't say anything, glad im not the only one that gets annoyed by it!

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

What a rude cow, I would have told her not to be so rude by pushing in.

4. Sonny's Mum

Sonny's Mum PetForums Newbie

So rude!! Yet you know that the minute a younger person says or does anything that not only will you be disrespectful but it will be bantered around every old person until it is soooo exaggerated that it becomes something really bad!

5. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Agreed...

To the OP: You should have told her to get to the back of the line. :yesnod:

6. Taz Devil

Taz Devil PetForums Member

There's an oldish woman does this most days while waiting for the bus from work. She'll stand at the time table post (front of the queue) and then board the bus first.

Has anyone also noticed that if you have a push chair you become invisible to some of the older (even younger) generation and because of this pushchair induced invisibility you are religated to the last in the queue as they push in in front of you.

And whoebetide you if you should accidently nudge the back of theur legs with the push chair. ;) :D

7. metame

metame PetForums VIP

thats rubbish :(
    i hate people like that :mad:

on another note some of our brownies were hilarious last night. they were doing a walk and had to keep an eye out and take note of how many of each thing they saw and one was elderly people, well, every single person who looked older than the leaders (and the eldest leader is only 26!) they were jumping up and down and screaming 'old person! is that an old person?'

i think you need to borrow some of our brownies and set them on the old person!

*nods*

8. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I find elderly people take advantage of the old saying 'respect your elders' and think they deserve the best cos they're more frail and weak than most young people, but I've seen quite the opposite!

When you do tell her, don't feel sorry for her. As you know looks can be decieving :rolleyes: x

9. dobermum

dobermum PetForums Senior

Well said Shazza!
    I had a real bad experience on the bus when my lil girl was an infant in her buggy. The bus halted quickly as it was approaching the stop and this old woman grabbed my buggy and almost hurt my child. I won't repeat the language I used on her lol:lol: If I'm on the bus, I don't give my seat up for them (I pay the full ticket as well) as they do take advantage, and b)
    I don't think they should be allowed in supermarkets without undertaking the 'trolley control test':D

Best wishes all.

D

10. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

How rude! :mad:

I would have and have before said "Sorry there is a queue here!" You will find if you speak out the others will to!

But definatly tell her, whether she is old or not!

11. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

she is old but she's very fit she's always in town, & quite trendy in dress for her age, but still bloody rude never the less, another woman on the bus heard me complaining to my sister about her & she said she does it with every bus, well she will be reminded how rude she is next time lol, I will be polite but she will be told!

One day a week I do an extra shop for my parents usually saturday & because I have meal replacemnt drinks to buy etc I use my mums shopping trolly as theyre heavy to carry, it's sruprising how many dirty looks I get & how many elderly people huff n puff because I use a front seat when I have the trolly as it doesnt fold easily!

When I point out I was on the bus 1st & pay full fair of £4.10 return for my seat & dont get on for free some are not at all pleased lol

12. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

try working in a shop with them .... im not saying all old people are rude but like every age we get a lot who need to learn manners

i dont know why people of all ages cant use manners... it costs nothing to be polite

13. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

a few years back I was waiting to get on a bus when 4 old people (2 men and 2 women) pushed infront of this middle aged bloke at the front of the queue. When he told them not to push in they started a row with him and the bus driver told the middle aged bloke if he didnt shut up he would kick him off the bus. so unfair as it was the oldies who caused it all in the first place!!
    To make it worse when the guy went quiet and sat down the old men kept standing up and shaking their fists at him, i surprise he didnt floor them tbh.
    Still makes me annoyed when I think about it now!:mad:

14. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

I would have said something actually! I wouldnt have been able to stand by and let that happen!! :mad:

15. LadyLoraella

LadyLoraella PetForums Member

I hate old people like that. They seem to think they have a right to everything and worse they hate when young people are rude to them!

16. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I almost had riots with an oap on a bus once. She was sat there, taking advantage of her free bus pass (by rights) and slagging off the driver because he was fat calling him all sorts :mad:

He might be fat love but he's the one ferrying your bloody shopping about!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice