UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys!

my daughter came home from school yesterday and told me that the police have been in to warn them about adding a particular person on fb.

her name is LUCY GOLD, or should i say HIS name is LUCY GOLD, and he is requesting friendships with children, and asking them for photos and info about them.

i dont know if this is a localised thing to where i live, but i just thought id spread the word, just incase it isnt.

boo x

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the info, i'll tell vereyone i know who have kids with fb accounts:)
thankyou mumof5. i dont normally take any notice of these things to do with fb but seeing as the police thought it nessessary to go into my kids school, it must be serious x

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
imo i dont think people should be adding ANY people they don't know :/

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imo i dont think people should be adding ANY people they don't know :/
you are so right and my kids know that, they call me over before they add anyone so i can check, but not all kids only stick to people they know. some kids think its ok to add 'mutual friends' even if they dont know the person, just thought id put the warning out there thats all x

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
you are so right and my kids know that, they call me over before they add anyone so i can check, but not all kids only stick to people they know. some kids think its ok to add 'mutual friends' even if they dont know the person, just thought id put the warning out there thats all x
yeah i know.
it's good that your kids do that though.

i remember when fb was mostly college and uni people...
lol

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
yeah i know.
it's good that your kids do that though.

i remember when fb was mostly college and uni people...
lol
its more than their fb accounts are worth not to call me over lol. they had 3 rules when they set it up........ no talking about other people in a horrible way...... no swearing....... and no adding friends before they show me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If i didn't add ppl that i didn't know, i wouldn't have bothered in setting up an FB account :D

No, I just wanna say, nice one for letting people know. I'm just glad that there are a sensible group of people on the internet.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I don't use Facebook, already got a life and ways of contacting people... :rolleyes:
That's nice isn't it. I do have a life thank you. The point was about protecting children not saying that people don't have a life. Waste of a comment really

Reactions: metame

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Thanks, i will post a warning on my facebook :)

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I don't use Facebook, already got a life and ways of contacting people... :rolleyes:
I dont have a cell phone and Im not into writing long emails something better to do catches my eye. So I find facebook a good way for me to contact with friends,family and people I have met through the web.

Saying that I dont go crazy with facebook like the animal farm stuff mainly use it for pictures and talking to people.

G

·
PMSL now play nice
:lol:

That's nice isn't it. I do have a life thank you. The point was about protecting children not saying that people don't have a life. Waste of a comment really
I didn't say you don't have a life, did I aim my comment at anyone in particular? No, of course not. It's just my opinion which I'm entitled to... :rolleyes:

I think people need to learn not to take things directly. Oh, and just for the record, I'm not some grumpy old guy, I'm a teenager.

·
Registered
255 Posts
:lol:

I didn't say you don't have a life, did I aim my comment at anyone in particular? No, of course not. It's just my opinion which I'm entitled to... :rolleyes:

I think people need to learn not to take things directly. Oh, and just for the record, I'm not some grumpy old guy, I'm a teenager.
Ok hun, that's fair enough but I didn't see the point in saying anything at all, that's all

G

·
Ok hun, that's fair enough but I didn't see the point in saying anything at all, that's all
To put it less cutting and as succinctly as possible, I don't like facebook, it stirs up too many social and online safety problems for my liking, without wanting to sound like a nut.

Each to their own however...

·
Registered
255 Posts
To put it less cutting and as succinctly as possible, I don't like facebook, it stirs up too many social and online safety problems for my liking, without wanting to sound like a nut.

Each to their own however...
You don't sound like a nut. Like you say each to their own. I do think there are a lot of attention seekers on fb though x

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.