Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

If you were Muslim...........

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gerbilmummy, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerbilmummy

gerbilmummy PetForums Senior

2. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

3. Marycat

Marycat PetForums Senior

My point about religion exactly. It divides and segregates and the religious fanatic believes they are 'the chosen ones'. If there is a God he must be weeping..

4. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

If I were a Muslim, I personally would be both disgusted and shocked at what my fellow religionists were doing supposedly in the name of Allah, the All-Merciful (may his name be blessed), and angry and afraid at the anti-Islamic backlash this could unleash on moderate Muslims everywhere.

I hadn't seen this story, but I know now what our priest was praying for this morning - he mentioned Kenya and Nairobi as well as Syria in the intercessionary prayers.

This is a terrible thing to happen, for all people. Extremists of any faith (or none) are the cause of much discord in the world.

Waterlily likes this.
  5. missylou

missylou PetForums Junior

Vile scum of the earth.

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

7. Mulish

Mulish Just a Little Penguin

Agree with lostbear, my lovely Muslim friend has often told me her heart sinks at news like this, both in sympathy for the victims and worry over the backlash her family may face :(

Why can't people just be nice to each other?

suhayb likes this.
  8. DT

DT Banned

In Indian a church has just been blown up by suicide bomber killing many Christians

Beginning to believe the saying religion is the route of all evil has some truth to it.

9. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

geez, just happened tonight? thats bloody awful as well.

10. sharonbee

sharonbee PetForums VIP

I'm sure most Muslims would be appalled at this happening, it is just pure Evil with a big E.

11. DT

DT Banned

I am sure you are probably right, but seems that certain religions attract more extremist then others

12. jon bda

jon bda Guest

13. Marycat

Marycat PetForums Senior

I would like to see some concerted effort from Muslims telling us just how appalled they are. If I were a Muslim I would be that angry and embarrassed I would be out in the street tonight with a ruddy big placard saying this wasn't done in my name, this is not what my religion stands for. I would love to have seen some Muslim backlash when that poor soldier was hacked to death in Woolwich. I would love to see Mosques turning extremists in. The people of Northern Ireland were exactly the same when the troubles were going on, hiding the IRA and winding each other up with stupid marches, then you would get some arse like Gerry Adams on the telly telling us how sorry he was that some soldier had been blown to smithereens. Crap.
    I am not saying the majority aren't appalled but they need to do more, if only for themselves to prove just how peaceloving they are.

14. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

The only arabic I know is bala habel, (don't be stupid). Hardly think saying that to a gunman is going to go down very well, lol.

15. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

I'm not shocked by this... All I would like to do now is gather my family and move as far away from people as possible! But pop there goes my dream, the world and people's causes are getting more distorted as people lose touch with reality!

16. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

I am Muslim and when I heard this I felt sick. My really good friend from uni actually lost her father in this attack. These extremists give a horrible name to my religion and it breaks my heart.
    it increases people's view that all Muslims are terrorists and its not nice for us average muslims

things like this are done in our name and it makes it harder and harder to be a Muslim in this day and age.

a lot of the extremists that have bombed etc are in fact reverts to Islam and not in fact born in to the religion and their information is so wrong.

The average Muslim is disgusted by things like this, and until you are that religion you will not understand how depressing it is having people do this in the name of your religion, your God and your faith.

So there's your view from a Muslim. My view being what most Muslims have. We see people that do this as terrorists and criminals, not as Muslims. They don't know a thing about our religion.

Posted from Petforums.co.uk App for Android

ozrex likes this.
  17. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

If I hated Muslims and wanted to turn the worlds opinion against them. To make the average person treat the average Muslim with suspicion this is how I would do it.

If I were truly evil that is!

Food for thought?

18. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

Makes sense. I do know some people who think the bomb attacks and terrorist attacks have actually been by islamophobes as each time something happens the hate on Muslims does increase. But there is no way of knowing. Conspiracies will make me go mad though Lol

Posted from Petforums.co.uk App for Android

19. ozrex

ozrex PetForums VIP

You're right there.

Spanish Inquisition anyone? Or for those who hate history, perhaps modern day Spain trading in babies?

Ireland (terrorism all the go when I lived in the UK)??

My own great-grandfather??? Never spoke to two daughters because they married Catholics?

That's just Christians v Christians... should I tackle Christians vs Others?

20. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Going to stop this one now before anyone else gets upset

Account Suspension
    Under normal situations, where a User is thought to have broken any rules on these pages, a warning will be issued to the offender. A Second warning for the same offence will not be issued - a possible account suspension will be enforced, at the discretion of the Admin team.

Any offence, serious enough to be viewed as Gross misconduct, e.g., racism, slander, harassment, attempted hacking etc. will result in an instant IP ban with no prior warnings given.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice