Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

If you eat very little

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Mar 28, 2011.

1. rona

rona Guest

What foods do you think are essential and what others are high in all the good stuff?
    I've never ever been on a diet so have never looked into things like this, but I'm eating so little at the moment, I think I should be eating the best

2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:lol: vitamin tablets for the win :thumbup:

(seriously - NEVER take my advice on food lol)

Em
    xx

3. borderer

borderer Guest

you have a busy life rona and sometimes you dont think about food i used to be like that

4. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

i have no idear as long as i have my two build up and my iron vitamen and a tea im happy lol:D

5. rona

rona Guest

It's not that Bordie, I cook meals but only seem to be able to eat a small amount. I haven't had a good appetite for the last 15 years or so but it usually goes in phases. This has been going on for about a month and I don't think I'm getting enough nutrients

6. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

chicken and porridge...not together though :nono: :D:D

7. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

And some sort of hideous steak concoction :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

8. Rona Diabetics are suppose to eat very healthy foods little and often so anything you find on here you wont go far wrong....

Recipes Index

If everyone ate like a diabetic, the NHS would be in credit.

9. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Beef, cheese, fruit and veg...

(do not ask about the liquid diet;))

10. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

If you are worried you aren't getting anything you could take some vitamin tablets but I know not everyone likes them :)

11. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

You are very right there :D

12. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I eat very little, Rona, but I don't worry too much about what (perhaps I should). I tend to eat what I like, whether it is healthy or not. I don't eat vegetables, I never have in all my life, and I eat very little fruit, perhaps a banana once in a while but that is all. I drink gallons of full cream milk though and I only eat brown bread. Perhaps you should try some vitamins if you are concerned.

13. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

literally eatting healthy made me FAT. start the day with a meal about 5.30/6 after work, get lots of chocolate, especially caramel cadburys. then follow with coke, then seabrooks salted crisps. then more chocolate, and perhaps some ice cream. then more coke/pepsi. honestly i was uber skinny

14. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

That all sounds quite disgusting to me!:arf:

15. With massively high cholesterol and heading for an early grave.

I think healthy fat is way better than a unhealthy, moody with no energy and bad breath skinny bint :D

16. borderer

borderer Guest

do you feel good

17. rona

rona Guest

Starting to feel tired recently, that's why I think I need to eat the best I can

18. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

also fish, eggs..very nutritious ...
    nuts, beans seeds of all kinds.. good if you like small snacks...beer and wine have their merits too...(iron, vitamins and cleansing the veins..;) )

and chocolate is good if you need to put on some weight...lots of good things in it...;)

19. borderer

borderer Guest

if you cant eat a full meal you should eat small every few hours this will keep energy up i take bananas with me when i am walking i eat 5 every day

20. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

I'd go get some bloodwork done, that'll tell you whether you're vitamin or mineral deficient. And a poor appetite can be an illness symptom.

I expend a lot of energy through walking the dog and karate, but I can never eat a lot at one sitting so I tend to graze. High energy foods that will sustain you are proteins and slower digesting carbohydrates. Meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products, nuts, seeds, whey and soy for protein, fruits, veggies, brown rice, high fiber cereals, breads and pastas for your carbs. The higher the fiber, the slower to digest and the more energy you'll get. If time is a factor you could make yourself a trail mix bag with nuts and dried fruit, maybe hard boil some eggs they'll keep in your fridge for a few days and are a quick snack.

If your energy is really low and appetite poor you could try a meal replacement drink like ensure, boost or a drugstore brand. They're not as good as fresh food, but they are nutritionally balanced. If you drink milk you can add ovaltine or carnation instant breakfast, slimfast even.

HTH!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice