Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

If you don't like the noise of the countryside, move back to the city!

Discussion in 'Pet News' started by simplysardonic, May 22, 2010.

1. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

2. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

LOL - daft nits.

3. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

this is completly off topic....

it reminded me of some of the posh locals in my city....every week or so, we have a airforce jumbo bringing in injured soliders at the airport...every every month there are notices of complaints by local resident about noise pollution??? can you beleive it?? if i were the council i make them pay more council tax lol.

Wonder if they would complain if it carried their wounded relatives...:mad:

4. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

People like that would just find something else to complain about:rolleyes:

5. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

true, bet after the cockeral it will be the smell of manure,,,probley start a petition to get riders to 'poop an scoop' lol

6. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

LOL, I've been known to scoop horse poop & rot it down for the garden:thumbup:
    If its not a cockerel it will be the dawn chorus keeping them up all hours, like to see the council deal with that:lol:

7. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Yeah agreed, if they dont like the creatures that inhabit the earth, then piiss off to outer space.

8. jen24

jen24 Banned

i'd love to live in space!! id inhabit my own planet and make it pretty!!

but on a serious note, i love the countryside. hate cities, eww all the smog and manky air, give me country anytime lol:thumbup:

9. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Lmao @ make it pretty :lol: :lol:
    I hate the city too, but am stuck here :(

10. jen24

jen24 Banned

well if it was your own planet you wouldnt want it looking a mess would you!! :lol::lol:

ooh what city do you live in? i know nothing about Australia, as you can tell lol

11. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

In perth city of lights and boredom :rolleyes: :lol:

12. jen24

jen24 Banned

aww i cant imagine anywhere that isnt the UK being boring lol:lol:

13. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

haha aint we a patriotic pair ;) :lol: :lol:

14. jen24

jen24 Banned

lol thats why we get on so well :lol::lol::p

15. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

yeah fly the flag for ummm where am I :eek: :lol:

16. Paul Dunham

Paul Dunham PetForums Senior

These are usually the same people who go abroad on holiday and then complain about it not being England.
    It's a sad, sad world we live in if someone can't even put up with sound of a cockerel in the morning. I don't even think they should even be aloud to complain about them in the city. It's the sound of nature which lets the world know it's almost time to get up. It's usually the dam right lazy which complain, and those who work nights can't expect the rest of the world to stop just for them.

17. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

lmao this reminded me of when i took my mum on a holiday to wales.The place we stayed at had peacocks in the grounds which i found such a delight,as did the kids and hubby.But no, my mum did nothing but moan about the noise they made.:rolleyes:
    If people don't like the noise of nature then imo they are sad.:D

18. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Perth! I may be related to a lot of Perth! lol.... my great-grandfather's brother emigrated there (voluntarily) and had 13 children. My mother is in touch with some of the descendants as they tracked her down when doing their family tree. I think Eleita runs a plant nursery there but offhand I can't remember the area.

Anyway back to chickens - we had chooks when I was a kid and the 'townies' next door complained about our cockerels.

I would just say, get used to it 'cos chicken keeping is a fast growing hobby nowadays and many many people are keeping them in towns & cities all over the UK. There is a little enclosed overflow car-park round the back of the local police station here where I sometimes take Merlin to do some training, and someone whose garden backs onto it has a whole load of bantams I can hear crowing.... and that's next to a small block of flats in one of the most densely populated cities in Europe.

Just wait, soon as I move somewhere suitable, I'm getting chooks myself - some Pekins and Seramas. I love bantams and the eggs are to die for.

19. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I LOVE the sound peacocks make, I find it really haunting & lovely & it reminds me of stately homes:) one day I'll get round to posting photos on here of the magnificent Percy who came to live with us for 6 months
    LOL Merlins Mum, we have relatives in Perth too, it would be pretty mad if we turn out to both be distant relatives of Waterlily:D

20. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Me too but would not want to live with one! I knew some people with a smallholding when I was a kid, they had a peacock which always roosted on their chimney. Which was fine, except that he always did his Mayy-OWWW! Mayy-OWWW! for at least 2 hours at dusk and dawn.... and of course in summer dusk was at 9pm and dawn was at 4am....

After I went to India and heard wild peacocks there though, the sound has even more meaning for me. The Kula Shaker song "Govinda" has peacocks in the intro and really reminds me of India.

God wouldn't that be weird if we are related...LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice