Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

If you could go back a few years in time

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Mar 28, 2011.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

What point would you go back to and why?

I think I would go back to about 2007. Was in year 11 at school and it was all nice and familiar, pretty much liked where I was and miss that big old safety net of school and belonging there.

Bit too much of a free agent now and don't like where I live.

What about you lot? Bet you'll all say everything is great now and you wouldn't want to go back but I do :eek:

2. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Wish I could choose my studies again..and did what i really wanted...and then wish I did go back to the day before my first marriage and run for the hills...:eek:

3. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

i'd go back to the time i brought my Candy. and i'd give her breeder my laptop and say go on you can register why i am here you ........ Really can't say here what i want to say to her either!.

4. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Gosh, there are so many times I could go back to and change things but I don't think I would want to because by doing so, I would change things in my life as they are now and I wouldn't want to do that. Not saying my life is perfect, there is always room for improvement, but it is still pretty good.

Would you risk changing a moment for the following moments to be better but at the risk of that change being detrimental further down the line?

The mistakes we make in the past make us better people in the future as long as we are clever enough to learn from them. If you keep making the same mistake over & over again, then you ain't learning the lesson that life is trying to teach you.

5. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Interesting reading! I would probably change a few things actually like the subjects I did/carried on, where I opted to go to uni but we live and learn.

Anyone just want to go back in time to relive from X until the present because you liked it then sort of thing? :)

6. SuperSimoholic

SuperSimoholic PetForums Senior

Well, things aren't perfect in my life but you were right, I wouldn't change anything from my past, bad or good, because I don't know what parts lead me to Lee. I could change my GCSE subjects, but then maybe I would have had a different group of friends, and never even thought about Lee? I could go back to when I was 10 and lost on of my closest male friends because of a stupid misunderstanding, but then, I could have ended up with him instead!

Too many things to consider!

Hmm... This I wouldn't mind going back to about last year, or the year before, and just having the carefree laziness back. Lee and I just hangin' out in out pyjamas in my room for weeks on end without worrying about a thing... Then the big 18 comes along and suddenly people are telling us we have to start thinking about the future... I know they are right, but it's like they don't realise that unlike most teens, we weren't ready... Still not really, but we're looking into getting a place and Lee's starting an Apprenticeship in September working with his step-dad... Things went from no responsibility to every responsibility in a weekend!! I just want things and time to just stop again, but I know we were lucky to have that time the first time round.

#6 SuperSimoholic, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  7. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

I would go back to just after my Mum died and I was trying to cope with everything on my own :(
    Moving back home to help Dad and paying off his two mortgages he had on the house & all his bills cos he fell apart ... my elder brother had ripped off his landlord and as my Dad was guarantor they were chasing him for the money and he was def not able to cope so I was dealing with that ... my Daughter hated school and kept running away from home because I made her go (def no bullying going on , she just hated rules , inc mine) so I was dealing with the police and social workers
    I kept my grief buried and just slogged on ... then a year later it all hit me and I had a breakdown , symptoms inc agoraphobia and sociaphobia , which kept me locked in my home for over 10 years

anyway ... I did ask for help back then , but I dont think anyone realised just how much I was hurting and needed their help ... If I could go back id make sure they knew and did help me so I had time to grieve for my Mum myself , then I wouldnt have that breakdown and wouldnt have lost over 10 years of my life :(

8. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

I would go back to 2000 when I was 11 and just starting secondary school. Hopefully I would have better sense about my studies and think twice before going out with the first guy I dated 3 years later. I would also hopefully be less lazy and get a part time job, and maybe even keep doctors appointments when I notice stuff isn't right!

9. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

I wouldn't go back to any part of my life and have to re live it all! I just couldnt go through everything again im just not strong enough to do it twice.
    BUT i would go back and have my wedding day again and speak to my mom and get some answers but only for a day.

10. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I would go back to the 50's without a doubt.People had more time for others then.But i would have liked to be a teenager instead of being as young as i was.Then i would have been a hippy in the 60's with all the flower power.:D
    I loved the clothes and music of the 50's and 60's.:D

11. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

I'd go back two years and go through college again. I LOVE college, and I am dreading June when I leave, I really don't want to. 2 years ago I'd still have Rosie too.

I'd go back 3 years, just for a day to never have pushed to have a horse. I loved Charles to pieces and he was a huge part of my life and really made me a stronger person, but me being selfish got the folks in debt and I feel terrible. I'll repay them one day.

12. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

There is so much I would like to go back and do,, but my best years where when I left the school I was bullied at and went to a new secondary,, I would like to go back to 90 so I can relieve those last 2 years at school

13. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

choose boyfriends and husbands more carefully!

14. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

theres a couple of times I would like to go back to in order to change things - would like to be able to go back to when I was about 16/17 and the people around me could see that I was getting ill but I thought I was fine and continued down the bad path that I was on. wish I had of listened to them and got help a lot sooner as it messed a lot of things up that will never have a second chance at.

Would also like to go back to when I left my first job for my second job. at the time it seemed great but soon realised wasnt suited to it and got fired after about 11 months. had a period of unemployment which was one of my lowest points and still affects my confidence now as am scared everytime do something wrong at work will result in me getting the sack!

15. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Wish i could go back to when my children were little, they have grown up so fast.

16. Vampyria

Vampyria PetForums VIP

I would go back five years, when I was at Uni. The people and the tutors were fantastic, and I made a lot of friends who are now spread out across the world, some now have wives and children (my, time goes fast!) and I miss them dearly. I would simply love to hang out with them all again :eek:

I would also be tempted to go back and end it with my ex much much earlier before I got so downtrodden I barely functioned around him - but I wouldn't have met my current OH if I did that. I wouldn't change that bit of history for the world :D

17. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Sorry to sound so miserable, if you knew me i really am NOT!! :D:D

But i wouldnt go back in time, i had a crap childhood, divorced parents, both parents have died so my life NOW is the happiest it has ever been. :D

18. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I'd go back to 15/16 and redo GCSE and A-levels again and go to a different uni for another course. If I could do without my parents could not put up with another three years of them

19. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

I would go back a few years to being 16 again at the last year of school, i would enjoy it more and work really hard. I miss having my day set out and knowing my schedule and just hanging about with my friends all the time, even though you think it's rubbish while your there!

GoldenShadow likes this.
  20. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

i would go back to when i was 22 and make the man i met back then the father of my 1st baby (who i wouldnt change) instead of the barsteward that is his dad!

i am now married to the man i met back then and have no idea where theo's dad is!

we didnt get together until id found out i was pregnant... at which point i decided to get rid of the hole that was my BF!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice