Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

If the RSPCA were to give you a disqualification from owning any animals, how would they find out...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jadely98, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadely98

Jadely98 PetForums Junior

... if you were to get another pet?

Say for example you got a 5 year ban. Once you come out of court it's all 'over' you pay your fines, do your community service etc. Whatever you got sentenced... But you're not in contact with the RSPCA and they don't seem to be going around visiting houses again and checking if there are any pets... Or do they?

This is just something that came to mind and baffles me...

2. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Is this related to the offence which you got community service for? I think you should be focusing on your health and well being to prevent it happening again, not when you can get another pet and if you'll get found out...

Tigermoon and lullabydream like this.
  3. Jadely98

Jadely98 PetForums Junior

No, those are seperate things. I got given C Service ages ago for something I was blamed for by 'friends', something I didn't even do. Can you not make assumptions about someone you don't know?

If the RSPCA gave you a bloody disqualification you'd be an idiot to then go and get another pet straight away!

I saw something on TV today about the RSPCA that triggered questions in my brain, and I have now come here to see what people think.

4. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Well i don't rightly know the answer to this - only didn't they have a case like this on dog rescuers last week? But then the people in that case took on a dog and were too scared to take it out as all their neighbours knew they were on a ban so they hid the dog in their house for about 8 months.

Someone reported them and rspca came out and seized the dog.

And that is all i know.

5. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Have you been disqualified from keeping an animal for 5 years?

Sacremist, O2.0 and Owned by a dog like this.
  6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

It is the courts that ban you not the RSPCA. Unfortunately it is only the individual that is banned therefore a friend or family member can own a dog that is kept in the same house as the offender.

Jamesgoeswalkies likes this.
  7. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

I do hope this isn't a question based on your circumstances. If you've been banned from keeping pets for 5 years there is a damn good reason why.

Ironically, your last post on here which I read through was concerning a dog you wanted euthanized who sounded like he lived in a fairly neglectful situation ( no walks, under socialized, long nails, aggression ) and you stated you 'handed' him over to the RSPCA. Lets hope that for whatever reason that poor dog wasn't the reason for you having to serve community service.

In answer to the question, I'm sure there would be ways of finding out. I would expect regular check ups although even that wouldn't guarantee someone working around the ban I guess as they could have a friend mind the dog whilst they receive the inspection.

simplysardonic likes this.
  8. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

I don't think it's an offence that you have to declare - to really there's no way for anyone to find out if you are disqualified from keeping animals. Absolutely ridiculous.

9. You can't be real and I'm certainly hoping you're a troll cause if not why would you come here after almost euthanize a healthy young dog due to neglect and now you're telling us you're banned for 5 years?
    In case you're real just obey the law. Can't even start thinking why would you want another dog but I dont really believe you anymore to be honest. Anyway concentrate on helping yourself.

Sacremist likes this.
  10. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

My understanding is (OH had to report one of his family members for it) that they rely on members of the public/family reporting incidences of offenders keeping animals while banned.

The current system is difficult to implement really as unless the case is high profile & reported in the papers a lot of people will be unaware of it, maybe police & RSPCA should do periodical 'spot checks' on such individuals.

Seems an odd question for someone who has a recent posting history about a neglected animal & subsequent animal related convictions to ask.

Sarah H, Sacremist, ais_rose and 4 others like this.
  11. ErsatzNihilist

ErsatzNihilist PetForums Member

Sure sure. And pretty much every prison the world over is stacked full of innocent people.

12. Fenris Wolf

Fenris Wolf PetForums Newbie

If you are banned nasty people will consider you fair game to report, be horrible to, and generally torment. It makes them feel oh so much better than everyone else. Gives meaning to their empty lives. You will find that they don't care how much the animals who are at the centre of their vile little phone calls will suffer, or even if the RSPCA who have a horrendous kill rate will put them down. All they care about is the hurt they can cause. Plenty of examples to be read in this thread already. And that is how they know, just like in former East Germany, your worst enemies are the 'good' people and neighbours.

13. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Your first post in 6 years and it's very odd :confused:
    If you are banned from owning pets, why shouldn't you be reported if you are found to be owning pets. I'm sure there are some exceptional cases, but I would think that in general for someone to be banned from owning pets it would have to be a pretty atrocious offense!

14. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

If someone, anyone, neglects or illtreats an animal, they deserve to be banned from keeping another one.

How is the OP 'fair game'? He/she opened this thread.

How strange that you would defend those who abuse animals.

15. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

@Fenris Wolf, your one and only other post on this forum was purely anti RSPCA.

You obviously have an issue with them.

Whatever they do that you believe is wrong does not excuse any individual ill treating an animal and does not make a demon out of those who report such people.

16. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

I dislike the RSPCA beyond everything and have never hidden from saying that here or anywhere
    but,you know what
    Id be first on the phone to report any scumbag that had been given a ban on keeping animals
    just as I would if someone had their children repeatedly removed and I found out they had another baby, without Social Services knowing, and I hate them , whilst merely strongly disliking the RSPCA, and, wholeheartedly believe the initials SS couldnt be more apt
    so perhaps that tells you just how nasty I truly am

so yeah family or strangers, id definitley rat them out:mad::mad::mad:

17. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

I like nothing better than ratting out and torturing people who are abusive, neglectful, and cruel baskets who destroy the physical and emotional well being of an innocent and vulnerable animal or child. I stand proud and say I will defend and fight their cause.

18. Fenris Wolf

Fenris Wolf PetForums Newbie

Ah yes, you would all assume that social services and the RSPCA are above reproach and would do no wrong. After all, they wouldn't remove children or animals in order to hit their targets, would they???? They wouldn't target the vulnerable in order to obtain the relevant number of prosecutions, would they??? The RSPCA wouldn't have been prosecuted by the attorney general and fined £10,000 for attempting to pervert the course of justice, would they??? Depends if you believe the truth or if you join the general witch hunt.

19. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

What nonsense.

If you're correct that the RSPCA are guilty of misconduct, how does that excuse anyone abusing an animal so badly that they receive a 5 year ban?

The Courts will impose the ban, not the RSPCA.

In your skewed opinion, anyone who is prosecuted for animal abuse is a victim of a 'witch hunt' by the RSPCA?

Cleo38, simplysardonic and O2.0 like this.
  20. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

I read your other thread and didn’t respond, because you were given very good advice by other members and I saw no reason to repeat what they said. I also saw that some people questioned your sincerity because they suspected your motives were questionable. Quite honestly, I didn’t know what to think, but this thread is throwing up red flags for me, so I think the best thing for me to do, rather than risk the wrath of the mods, is after posting this, to completely ignore you, because I’m just not sure about you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice