UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...is there an all-in-one supplement or paste that I can add to it to make sure it's got added nutrients, or would a good quality meat have all she needs? I'm thinking things like (free range and organic) chicken and minced pork or beef. Would I need to add fish oil, or given that her main diet would be complete processed cat foods would I not need to?

(If you're into the raw diet please share your wisdom in my other thread here!)

Edited to ask: are chicken thighs okay to feed?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
You can feed up to 20% of raw without having to add any supplements at all. So there is no need to worry if you are only feeding Yuki the occasional raw meal.

But if you feed her something like chunked up chicken or a chicken wing you will give her the benefits of raw food. Eating chunks of meat cleans her teeth and chomping on a raw chicken wing will strengthen her jaws.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You can feed up to 20% of raw without having to add any supplements at all. So there is no need to worry if you are only feeding Yuki the occasional raw meal.
If I were to add supplements, is there a powder you would recommend? I've seen people mention adding salmon oil alongside a powder...

But if you feed her something like chunked up chicken or a chicken wing you will give her the benefits of raw food. Eating chunks of meat cleans her teeth and chomping on a raw chicken wing will strengthen her jaws.
Is chicken the best meat to start her off with then, or would she also get benefits from beef or pork? Since she's wee and doesn't like big chunks I might go for mince at first, or chop chicken into small bits. Does that sound okay?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even tiny kittens can manage a chicken wing :)

but I don't think it matters if you want to start off with beef or lamb - I'm never sure about feeding pork though I couldn't say why.
Have you looked at Natural Instinct?
Oh goodness, looking at that picture I'm not sure if I'd be able to stomach it :eek:

Natural Instinct looks great, but I can't commit to their minimum order limit at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.