Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Idiotic Family Members

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Jun 23, 2009.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I am REALLY getting sick of my brothers. When Roo was younger, the middle brother (19) would give him a slap because 'all the behaviourists do it'. My Mum hit him once and I went mental, and she refuses to admit she or this brother hit Rupert, but I witnessed it both times. I wont have anyone touch him, he wont even get a tap on the nose because it doesn't work for him (as proven by step mum grrr!!!)

Anyway, it got to the point where I had to draw up a list of rules for my 22 year old and 19 year old brothers to abide by. Things like 'don't let Rupert jump, no basketball/football, no titbits, no shutting him outside because you want to go in the kitchen' etc. And they still do it. Thing is I have Roo until the day he dies, hopefully in well over 10 years time, but I can't have them muck him up! He thinks biting arms is still OK because they let him do it, they play basketball and being so young he doesn't get the idea of 'get the ball' to him its 'get excited and hyperactive', so he starts to mouth things/people.

19 year old was a real git to me earlier, what he said was like calling a sensitive but severley obese person, a fat lazy git, its the worst kind of insult you can give, one that really hits home. Anyway, I'm tempted to tell him he can have nothing to do with Roo. He didn't give a monkeys when he was younger and naughtier, so why does he get to join in now he is maturing and more obedient?? I've put months of work into getting Roo to be the dog he is. He is my dog, I bought him, its my name on his papers etc, so surely its not like he has any right to have anything to do with him.

Its just absolutely stupid things like if Roo is lying half asleep in the middle of the kitchen, 19 year old goes up to him and pretends to sit on him!!!! Its like 1) do you really think he wants you to do that, 2) do you want me to come and sit on you, and 3) he's lying nice and relaxed having shill out time, so why can't you leave him be??

Honestly, it is SO frustrating. I'm at work Fri-Sun and have to leave him with these two, Mum is good with him, if she wasn't there I wouldn't let him stay there. Hence kennels last weekend as Mum was away. Any words of wisdom or anyone else with extremely irritating family members!??!

2. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

no words of wisdom I'm afraid, but I can bump this up for you, hopefully someone will know what to do with irritating sibblings.

Good luck, and don't let them grind you down (I was the youngest of 5 so I know what a battle it can be!)

3. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Not the same situation but kids that live here are always at the door wanting to see Cheeko. We caught one of them trying to feed him a bar of chocolate the other week :mad: It's always when we sit down for dinner they come to the door. We asked their parents if they could get them to stop coming around as often and it's worked but I'm not sure if you can do that. Summer is the worst time because the baby gate is up so sometimes you don't hear the kids are there. I hope you get it sorted out soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice