Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Idiot owner

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cinnamontoast, Nov 24, 2012.

1. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

There's an old guy lives near us. Two years ago, he had a dog PTS because it was very aggressive. He then got the dog's sibling, a bitch who until recently had to wear a muzzle (I was told this was a dog law thing, not forever, the muzzle was always hanging down, never on the dog properly). He has another dog, a male.

He is a trauma, the guy and forever creeps up and wants to talk to us. The OH is much more patient than me and has talked to him about Zak and how aggressive he is and how he can't yet play with other dogs but after more training, we hope he can.

So I'm on a massive field today, Zak is retrieving his toy and up creeps this guy and his two dogs. I hold Zak and the guy keeps approaching, saying 'Oh, let him play, mine won't fight him'. I shout back saying Zak will, please recall your dogs. He keeps coming. He stands two feet away, with me clearly struggling to hold Zak as his dogs sniff him. He tries to hold a conversation and m asking him politely to take his dogs away. This goes on til he's nearly in my face and I lost it, shouting that he always does this, he knows fine well my dog will attack his, take your dogs away, thanks for ruining my walk, he does NOT want to play with yours! I concluded with 'Thanks so much, I'll take him elsewhere, shall I?'

I'm so peed off. It was pouring with rain, it's a huge field, Zak is fine as long as other dogs stay away and I was ready to go if needed. This guy knows fine well that Zak has issues. I have zero sympathy for lonely old man thing either, as he has multitudes of teenage lads in and out of his house (no idea why) and regularly gets into confrontations with other dog owners.

Zak was very stressed, trying to get to the dogs, the bloke's smaller dog was barking at Zak and I honestly thought there was going to be a massive fight. Why are other people such idiots? :mad: I sincerely hope he's not still there when I take out the B boys. They're fine, but I'm worried he will want to have a massive conversation. :(

I wish I lived in the middle of nowhere. :(

2. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

What an idiot :mad: Why do people not listen? I hope Zak is alright. Hopefully he's not there when you go out again.

3. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

oh no. silly man.:mad:
    he had plenty of warning to keep away so don't blame you for loosing it.
    some people just don't listen unfortunately.
    hope zak is ok and i know what you mean about living in the middle of nowhere....i could.

4. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

Why do people always think they know what is best for your dog :confused:

5. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

God knows. Had I let Zak go, he would have tried to kill both dogs. I have a massive throat infection so had a huge coughing fit after shouting at him. Nearly threw up in the field. :(

Fortunately, he wasn't there when I took the B boys out. They had a fab time and all three are now wrapped in their towelling robes with filled kongs. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice