Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ideas please from all you gardeners :)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by deb53, May 20, 2010.

1. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

I'm having a pergula fitted up. Not a large one probably 5ft wide and going up to the height of my roof (bungalow)

know lots of you have magnificent gardens and are avid gardeners so what could I grow up it?

I have fushia "lady boothby" to grow up it. 3 plugs that are now 3" high :( but its said they climb to 2-3 metres!!!

What else can I grow to intertwine with it. South facing.

I thought a Wisteria so the flowers could hang down but apparently thats not enough room and they are slow growing and take ages to flower???

I know after seeing all your gardens that some of you are great gardeners and wondered if you could give me any ideas please.

I think there should be a garden sticky thread on here. Loads of us have interest and nice gardens and loads of us want nice gardens and need good advice.

Garden thread on a pet forum...well its got to be pet friendly:lol::thumbup:

O not climbing roses cos I cant stand the bugs on them and its close to my bedroom window!!

Has Janice and co any wonderful ideas for me?

2. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I was going to say Wisteria,Clematis (there's one i can't think of the name but is a small flower that has LOADS of flowers on it).lol i've got to go and get the rest of my plants this morning to start on our garden.:D

3. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

ps. passion flower grows fast

4. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

this is the clematis its called Montana

5. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

:lol::lol: see this is why I need help!! I didnt know there was summer ones! I have the winter jasmine covering the filter to the pond. Going to read up. :thumbup:

I love the Wisteria and that was my initial choice but was told too slow to grow and to flower??? Yes I went to the little nursery by me and was looking at Clematis. Its solely run by a gent in this back garden (large hahah) and he has must be hundreds of clematis to choose from and it was confusing :lol:

Have the usual Montanas to cover so would like something differnt, rampant and pretty but soooooooooo many to choose from!!

So you and Hubby will be busy this afternoon Janice....gorgeous day for it :thumbup:

6. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

You type faster than me Janice!! :lol::lol:

Yes I have the Montana and tempted to get another as know they grow fast but would be nice to have a different one:confused:

7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Hubby is at work but we want to get all the plants ready for when he finishes tomorow.It wont take long planting all the pots.:D I've just found out our lilies have got the dreaded lily beatle so i must get something to kill those little buggers off.;)

8. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

if you are looking for something a bit different what about chocolate vine or hop vine?

chocolate vine
    [​IMG]

hop vine
    [​IMG]

9. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Here are 2 different passion flowers.lol i wouldn't mind one of these myself.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

WOW yes beautiful....have seen these "different" types of passion flower and love them. Are they hardy though??

They would look beautiful amongst the fuschia (if they decide to grow :()

11. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Clematus or passion flowers grow nicely up a trellis so you could use them, Wisteria is another good one, and grown quite quickly once it have established and will spread quickly too.

12. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

What about a nice Grape Vine, that will grow over that nicely and you would have fruit too then. :thumbup:

13. TobyK9

TobyK9 Banned

I'm not very good with plants lol

I do know that you could certainly grow a lot of 'grass' aye Deb ;)

14. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I love Jasmine. Would smell gorgeous esp as its by your bedroom window.:)

15. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

there great ideas just having a cuppa tea and toast to look them all up :)

Thanks everyone. You know when you get a pic in your head on how you want it to look but just bloody hopeless at names.

Toby...not sure if tall "grass" would go down too well with my old neighbours;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice