UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Happy Monday (Ugh…) Anyway, with it being the start of another work week, I’m having sad feelings again about leaving my cat home alone all day. She seems completely fine whenever I get home and I’m pretty sure she sleeps most of the day away anyway, but I just worry about her not having any noise or motion around.

Just to save us all some time, my girlfriend and I are operating on a budget and cannot afford to get another cat or leave the television on all day.

Does anyone have any ideas for solving this problem? Or is it not even a problem that I should be worrying about since she probably just sleeps all day anyway?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to the mad house :)

As long as she's got plenty to occupy her during the day she'll be fine (She'll probably sleep all day if she's anything like Alfie!!) we make sure we leave toys out for him to play with, but nothing with strings he's likely to get caught up in! He has balls and mice and catnip toys strewn about and we also bought him a treat ball that we fill and leave out every now and again. Tend to find as long as he has these and a plcae o perch where he can see out the window he's fine. Then we make a fuss of him when we get in and make sure he gets plenty of play time to wear him out!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'm sure your cat does sleep most of the day! They are lazy creatures when we are out and then cause chaos when we are in! :tongue_smilie:

I echo the advice given above - lots of toys for when you are out and lots of play when you get in. :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Same with ours! In fact we got a second because we were so worried our first was lonely when home alone! But they are both happily snoozing all day haha! We leave the cat balls/ mice/ tunnels etc out and put something near a few different windows for them to sit and watch from (cat TV!) a cheap but great idea is to get one of those glass/ see through type window feeders you attach to the window with suction pads and then cat can watch the birdies from their perch!

·
Registered
672 Posts
If you have one, set up a web cam and see what she gets up to when you're out... I can tell you my cat spends about an hour pottering around outside and the rest of his time sparko on the sofa or our bed!

He never plays with his toys when we aren't there even though they are left out for him.

So my advice is, don't worry ! If she seems happy with you then I am sure she is :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.