Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ideas for fundraising

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by KittyKat1, Aug 10, 2009.

1. KittyKat1

KittyKat1 PetForums Member

I would love to organise a fundraising event for my local animal shelter (where I adopted my 3 cats) and was wondering if any of you could share your ideas to help me!

2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

You could try a sponsored :walk, bike ride, run. Rope in some family and friends and then get sponsored.
    You could do bag packing at your local supermarket, but you would need to get permission off them for that.
    You could have a bake sale (I know it seems very childish) but people loooove cakes, and try to sell them at a supermarket, small shops, places like that.

That kind of thing is very good at raising money in my opinion, and I hope you can raise some good money for your local animal shelter, it's a good thing that you're doing! :thumbsup:

3. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

well done you for trying to raise money :D

I think JessKeating had some great ideas! how about doing an event like a bike ride or something along those lines but do it for the animal shelter. My o/h did the London to Cambridge bike ride (which is mainly for cancer) but they did it for Dreams come true! They raised a whopping 9.5k!!!! There was a group of about 10 of them though! He used a website called just giving which i think does take a percentage but it also gives gift aid....so maybe if you had a group you could register on there and people sponsor you on it.....?

Lots of bag packers at out local supermarket every other week so that could be an option as they always seem to have their buckets full :D

4. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

you could organise a jumble sale at your local village hall, get volenteers to do the stalls, and get your village to donate, and you can have a cake stand ectra,, or get your local village school involed, infant or primay, they love those sort of things especially if the schools name would be in the paper?

you could have tumbolas there , at our school we get the parent to fill a glass jar with something sweets, pencils, lego, dog biccies, and we have a stall and they pay a pound to pick out a ticket and get a jar, everyone is a winner and imagin if every child brings in a jar we have 290 children in our school we raised £240 on the stall,

The kids could also bring in any toys they want to donante or DVDs books ectr, and can all go on a stall.

We also do face painting, if you know anyone who has the paints and would do it for free you could charge £1.50 for a face painting, and the kids could bring in the buiscuits and cakes, and also learn what they are raising money for and why,

Well keep us posted, would love to know how you get on.

bichonsrus likes this.
  5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon PetForums Member

why not get the animal shelter on board with an open day where you can use their grounds to do a BBQ, stalls, tombola, face painting etc and ask if the staff can get involved by show casing some of the animals and talk to crowds of people about how to adopt, you could also use the crowds to gather sponsorship and publicity for your bike ride / hike / abseil. you would be raising a lot of money and getting people through their door to see the animals and hopefully adopt!!

6. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

excellent idea!

7. namratasnv

namratasnv PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    I think this is the best idea to gather the crowd and to letting them all know about animals and how to take care of them.

Also, we can make contacts to the local market, so that to make other people aware of this and to put their necessary contribution.

Thanks!!:)

8. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

What about a car boot sale, pet show,table top sales.

9. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Sponsered dog walk, with the dogs from the shelter?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice