Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ideal treat bag/pouch

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Emmily, May 28, 2010.

1. Emmily

Emmily PetForums Member

After reading a thread on here about dog poo bags I changed the poo bags I was using from small sandwich bags to Tesco nappy bags, but they're scented. I usually have the poo bags in the same pocket as their treats, which I can't do with scented nappy bags, so I needed something to put their treats in.

I'd been looking round for a treat bag/pouch, small enough to fit in my pocket, most I'd looked at that are designed for carrying treats looked too big; then I remembered, a couple of years ago I'd got a new mobile phone, worried that my keys would scratch it (I never carry a bag, use my pockets) I bought a draw-string pouch for the mobile phone, used the pouch a few times, but it was too much hassle, getting phone out of pouch to answer it, so gave up on it and stored it away. After a quick search I found the mobile phone pouch, it's the ideal size to fit in my pocket, and ideal size for small treats such as coaches and small Wagg treats that I use. :thumbup:

2. Sam1309

Sam1309 PetForums VIP

i picked up a treat bag at pets at home for 1.99

not bad at all i thought and its waterproof

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Good idea :thumbup:

I use a coachies bag as it is waterproof, and has a clip so I can clip it to my handbag or belt loop.
    And is roomy enough for a tennis ball aswell :)

4. rona

rona Guest

I used a small bum bag

5. Mollydoodle

Mollydoodle Banned

I was given a pouch with Goofy on as a gift but also have a bumbag I now its oldfashoned but has compartments for bags, treats, tissues, wipes, whistle, phone and keys

6. Jasper's Bloke

Jasper's Bloke PetForums VIP

I got one of those too!!!

Does the job, drawstring closure, velcro belt loop, not too big and for 2 quid, you can't go wrong.

7. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

I use pockets :p I have a small bag for money keys and phone, but poo bags and treats go in pockets :D

8. Maz&Oozy

Maz&Oozy PetForums Member

yep ive got that one to, great size and can fit clicker in there too :)

9. Sam1309

Sam1309 PetForums VIP

yeah the P@H one is also water proof and the belt loop it velcro so i attach it to the belt loop on my jeans

10. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Me too. :thumbup: It holds treats, poop bags, keys, phone and ciggies. Ideal for the nice weather, it means I can wear what I want without having to look for stuff with pockets in. :D

11. Emmily

Emmily PetForums Member

Now that's a thought, mine's not waterproof, and this one seems to be popuular, I wouldn't mind getting one of those. I can't find them on Pets at Home website, searched for 'dog treat bag' and 'dog treat pouch', anyone know what the pouch is actually called, or who it's made by so I can search for it?

There's not a Pets at Home store nearby, just as well probably, as I'd end up spending too much time and money in there if there was. ;)

12. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I started off using pockets but jeans and coats got lovely greasy marks from her treats and my pockets were always bulging.

I bought a small bum bag from ebay Imitation leather bum bag clearance sale on eBay (end time 27-Jun-10 09:00:21 BST)
    £3.50 inc postage. Not too big but lots of pockets for everything. Treats in the front, ball and lead or my apple in the main one. Pooh bags and mobile in the back and the two either side of the strap for tissue, whistle, lipsyl and keys.

13. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I have a little leather pouch that goes on my belt. I bought it to use to put my camera in when we were on holiday. The only problem was it came from Tunisia so no chance of me getting another if I need one unless we go back there again. It did have a cord on it so you could put it over your shoulder but I think that got chewed by the dogs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice