UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Dan and I were looking for a good storage box to make a bin cage for the gerbils to travel around in over christmas - visiting family etc.

We found this box in IKEA:
SAMLA Box - transparent, 78x56x42 cm/130 l - IKEA

It is absolutely huge!!!! 130 Litres, 78x56x42 cm (length x width x height)

would be great for gerbils, hamsters and I guess mice too (although i know nothing about mice).

You have to buy the lid separately:
SAMLA Lid for box 55/130 l - transparent - IKEA

But it's only £15 in total!!! :crazy: amazing bargain. And it has wheels.

Just though I'd post this if anyone was looking for a good budget tank!

Hazel x

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hi Hazel :)

That's a really good bargain, but the only thing I would say is be very vigilant for chew marks. As it goes inwards at certain bits, it could be quite easy for Gerbilly teeth to get a grip on and munch through and escape :eek:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks for the heads up nicki... I'll keep my eye on the little munchers! Have you used one of these before?
I haven't used them myself, but know of people who have used similar ones. As long as you keep a close eye on them for munching (as not every one wants to destroy their home lol) it should be fine. It's a great size for a really good price. Once it's sorted would you mind sharing pictures of it with the bedding and Gerbils in for me please? I'm interested to see the final thing :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, sure thing. We're only using it for the gerbils over the Christmas holidays, but we'll but them in a week or two before we go so I'll get some photos then :D

We've been using it as a 'play pen' for the hamster and he loves it. I'm tempted to keep him in there full time once the gerbils have stopped using it :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yeah, sure thing. We're only using it for the gerbils over the Christmas holidays, but we'll but them in a week or two before we go so I'll get some photos then :D

We've been using it as a 'play pen' for the hamster and he loves it. I'm tempted to keep him in there full time once the gerbils have stopped using it :D
Awww I'm sure he'll love that Hazel :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.