Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I'd Like To Share My Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JANICE199, Aug 11, 2009.

1. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

WITH YOU ALL.
    I hope you don't mind but i'm sitting here with hubby reflecting on our holiday to wales,and 2 years ago we heard this cd played in the market in Barmouth noth wales, if nothing else i would like you to listen to the words of these 2 songs for all of the people that have lost there lives,or sufferd for the price of coal.We ( hubby and i find these 2 songs so sad but there's a message there.)

YouTube - working man - david alexander

Dailymotion - Price of coal - david alexander - a People & Family video

2. bird

bird PetForums VIP

It was and is a damn dangerous job, my great grandad only made it out of a pit disaster cause the men insisted on the lads coming up for a proper burial and found my great grandad alive. My grandad had four years off work when he was injured, two of those years were spent in hospital and unbelievably just about the only part of his body to not be broken was his nose. My dad was in a minor accident, and never went back when he was called for national service, he stayed in the army.

3. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Those are very sad songs, My great grandfather was working in the coal mines in southern wales, and died from an explosion from a mixing of the gases!! :( R.I.P

4. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

[QUOTE=bird;877965]It was and is a damn dangerous job, my great grandad only made it out of a pit disaster cause the men insisted on the lads coming up for a proper burial and found my great grandad alive. My grandad had four years off work when he was injured, two of those years were spent in hospital and unbelievably just about the only part of his body to not be broken was his nose. My dad was in a minor accident, and never went back when he was called for national service, he stayed in the army.[/QUOTE]

I have no ties with wales but god knows why my heart is there 100%...and to any other families that are from mining backgrounds the same goes for youxxxx

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

6. bird

bird PetForums VIP

[/B]I have no ties with wales but god knows why my heart is there 100%...and to any other families that are from mining backgrounds the same goes for youxxxx[/QUOTE]

I've no ties with Wales either my lot are from Durham :D :D

7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

i think i'm forgetting most members are too young to remember these things.lol thats age for ya.;):D:D

8. bird

bird PetForums VIP

You're never old just have a vast knowledge of life, as with antiques not old just more valuable. :smilewinkgrin:

9. clueless

clueless Banned

My Father was a Miner and died aged 56 after years of hard work down mines. We as a family used to spend our school holidays at the mine. What an awful place

10. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Don't know as I could quite stand listening at the moment Janice. My nephew is pretty poorly and I'm very susceptible to songs right now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice