Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I would just like to assure all Staffie owners

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Owned By A Yellow Lab, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

...that Dexter is doing his bit to improve your rep :D

OK, I know we're currently having some pretty serious threads about breed traits etc, but just want to slightly lighten the mood by noting:

In our local area, there are a LOT of Staffies. And every single one is walked on lead and trots along like a little darling.

We regularly run into them while out and every single time, it is Dexter who kicks off and behaves like a raving loonie - while the various Staffies send him bemused looks as they go prancing past without so much as a growl or tug on the lead :D

You can perhaps imagine people's expressions as they watch these enounters beween my 'butter wouldn't melt' looking Lab and these Staffies.

The best encounter: some months back Dex and I were at the local shops. Some people nearby were commenting on how lovely Dex was. Then a group of schoolkids arrived with a very alert looking Staffie on a lead. The people watching were then treated to the sight of that 'sweet' looking Lab going MENTAL while the Staffie watched in surprise and the kids almost wet themselves laughing as I hung onto the lead for dear life.

So never fear Staffie owners - Dexter is doing his bit to show how beautifully you often behave! :D

2. XMaizieX

XMaizieX PetForums Junior

Nice to see a positive post about Staffies. :smile:

I tend to keep out of the debates. Don't care what people think of my girl. If people want to avoid me or quickly pick up there little dogs then thats their problem.

I love my Staffie to bits and shes 100% with my boy.

[​IMG]

3. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Where do you live? I want to move there :) On lead any dogs - no problem! ;)

4. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

lol :)

Alas there are plenty morons who do walk their dogs off lead, they just are not usually Staffies, even though Staffies are really popular. I have encountered off lead Rough Collies, Sharpeis, Labs, Goldens, Rotties, the lot.

We also have two STUNNING Malamutes at a local park - actually one is a Mal X Husky. The owners do let them off lead which really surprised me at first. One of the Mals has terrible recall, the other is really well behaved. Both gorgeous dogs and they always let me cuddle them which is a real treat for me :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice