Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I wonder if ny of you can help me.

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by valentine lady, Jun 29, 2009.

1. valentine lady

valentine lady PetForums Newbie

I have two, two year old cats. They have both been neutared a long time ago. One of the cats is becoming quite feral. She will only come in to feed if there is a window or door open , and no when no one is about. As soon as she sees us she runs away. More often than not she eats outside. I cannot get anywhere near her.

I had thought that she was the dominant one of the pair, but no I think that the other cat may be driving her away. As I say I am not very sure of this. My problem cat has always loved her own space and has never been too fond of being handled, but has always seemed happy. The other cat is quite the opposite and is a serious nag.

How do I convert my scardy cat?:crying:

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Hiya, how long has she been like this? It could just be the weather as I dont see alot of mine lately, they only come in to eat and back out again!

She sounds like shes always been dependant but to get her used to you being around I would try hand feeding her treats or chicken (whatever she really loves).

3. valentine lady

valentine lady PetForums Newbie

Thank you Kitty kat. I was wondering if it could have been down to the hot weather. We'll have to see if she comes in when it gets colder. I hardly ever see her to offer her treats :(

4. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

You're welcome, I was just saying to my OH I hardly ever see the cats anymore! They are usually only hanging around the garden somewhere as its alot cooler in the shade when the breeze is blowing! They are also prefering to sleep just outside the back door at the moment :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice