Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I won with the worming tablets!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by PoisonGirl, May 20, 2010.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I was dreading tonight! It was the last of the cats worming tablets to be given. First one I got clawed and bitten, last week it took 3 people to give Maisy hers!

Soo... I had an idea, crush up the tablet and mix with teeny bit of hot water to dissolve properly, then add milk.

Maisy turned her nose up wouldn't even touch hers!

So I let Milo in, thinking the fat pig will drink the milk so fast he won't notice... he only drank half!

But then I remembered I had some small syringes! Sooked up the rest of the liquid it took 3 tiny syringes then had to grab Milo by the scruff to stop him biting me!
    Squeezing a bit at a time at the back of his mouth and letting him drink it and it worked :D

Didn't bother adding milk to maisy's and only used warm water. She clawed my arm once but hey I think that was sucesful!

Next time I will be getting the spot on wormer! Just couldnt afford it this time.

2. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

We tried all sorts too,including the syringe,the vet showed us an easy way to do it, ask next time you are there. Your baby by the way is beautiful:thumbup:hope she gets sronger every day.

3. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

Well done - I might have to try that next time!!

ps - love to Anna Rebecca

4. fishtankswimming

fishtankswimming PetForums Member

That's a good plan - like it. Mind you, when I give my two their worming tablets, I get a small tin of prawn Applelaws and put some in each hand and hide the tablet in it. They are so greedy, they eat the food before they realise they have had the tablet lol.:lol:

Anna Rebecca is soo gorgeous xxx

5. Taylors Petfoods

Taylors Petfoods PetForums Junior

Its always great to hear the stories of cats and their tablets.
    The spot on idea is great. Thats what i always use on my cat. I use Bob Martin Spot On as its reasobably cheap and is still vet strength.
    All the best next time

6. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Erm...who told you it was "vet strength"? I used it years ago and it was, not good.

Baby Anna Rebecca is looking stronger than ever PG. :thumbup: :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice