Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I wish.......

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zayna, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

I could do something to help all those poor animals i keep seeing on gumtree and other sites whoses owners cant keep them anymore for one reason or another. I always worry where they will end up. Especially when people just want them gone asap.
    I would love to have a mini animal santuary in my back garden but could never afford the upkeep of so many animals, especially vet bills... i wish money was no object sometimes:(

2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I know how you feel, my OH says 'you can't save them all' but it doesn't stop it being so frustrating

3. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

actually i thought of something... the RSPCA clinic where i volunteer need to raise £15,000 for operating equipment. Anyone got any fundraising ideas??? I still really want to organise a sponsered horse ride!

4. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

No reason why you can't, I say go for it, even if you don't raise a massive amount every bit adds to the pot, plus you'd be doing something you enjoy:)

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Nice idea, doing abit of fundraising. I hate those sites. Sometimes you just wish you could reach through the screen and try and slap the stupidity out of some people!:rolleyes:

6. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

i understand that things happen and people are forced to give away their pets (it happened to us) but its when some of the ads say 'needs to be gone by weekend' you feel like they would happily give the animal to anyone who comes along just be rid of it... makes me mad:mad:

7. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

i hate reading them but i have this compulsion to do so it makes me sad and my OH gets sick of hearing but if we move this around and do that we could fit them in lol

*Kara*

8. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Mine too, thing is he's right, its not the fact that we can't offer them a loving home, its whether the money/space/time stretch as far as the love

9. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

yeah thats totally true here too yo know they would be loved but its not fair all round in the long run really....... but i hate when my OH is right lol :p

I hate reading about the animals, i had a guy i replied to who was selling his terrier and she needed to go by the end of the day i asked why the day why cant you take the time to find her somewhere decent and why didnt you advertise her earlier if you really had to then i think i was on dogs trust website and there the little girl was i was happy that he didnt have her but sad that she ended up there (she was reserved within the week).

*Kara*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice