Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I wish people would mind their own business

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by newfiesmum, Jan 23, 2012.

1. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I was walking Diva this morning (Ferdie refused to come as usual) and passed the little shop round the corner. I am a regular customer and know the bloke well and I needed some cigarettes. Rather than take Diva home and go out again, I just opened the door and asked if she could come in just long enough for me to get my cigs.

Yeah, fine, he says.

Then this bloke who came in behind me says: You shouldn't bring a dog in the shop.

I know, I says, that's why I asked and she isn't going anywhere near the food.

He must have heard me ask, so why not keep his opinions to himself?

If the proprietor says she can come in, what's it got to do with him?

2. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Yep none of his beeswax. You should have just ignored him. the boss man allowed your dog in so its nothing to do with that grump

3. Lottieb01

Lottieb01 PetForums Junior

Jheeeeeeze you should of said sorry YOU can not come in sir as your big fat opinion may knock things of the shelves

4. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

He was big and fat, come to think of it! It wasn't as though I was going round the shop, anyway, just to the counter. I hate bloody people, I really do. I think I must have some canine blood in me somewhere;)

5. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

:rolleyes: Stupid people.

Whether he heard you ask the owner or not, it's still none of his business, and entirely up to the owner to tell you if you can or can't bring the dog in...

:D

6. JonoBeagle

JonoBeagle PetForums Member

This is why I love France! That guy should mind his own business and on top of that; he is probably the type that barges around without apologising...

Phone up a three Michelin starred restaurant.
    "Can I bring the dog?"
    Silence...
    "Um";
    "Of course" in a tone that says, why the **** are you even asking that question!

On the flipside; people who don't like dogs or cats are seen to be odd!! Dogs can go anywhere as long as they are controlled and there isn't an obvious sign saying they are not welcome. Only food shops and the supermarket but in some places if you are a regular they don't mind in the butcher/small shops....

People leave dogs alone and don't complain if they don't like them; everyone else actively wants to come and play or say hello to the dogs... Although I think Boris has forgotten his French now.

7. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Sounds good to me. Don't they still smoke wherever the hell they like, as well? I read that they had tried banning smoking in public buildings in France, and everyone just ignored it!

8. Lottieb01

Im more of a dog person then a people person too :D

9. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

What a cheeky bugger!...some folk just always have something to say don't they, if it doesn't affect them I don't know why people can't mind their own business! :rolleyes:

As for the smoking thing in France....that depends on where in France you are, people in the cities usually stick to the rules but in the rural places like where I live the people do tend to just stick two fingers up and ignore the new rules...only in the bars though, not just any random public building. :)

10. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

Think kiva and I are off to live in France ;) ha ha

I agree newfiesmum, give me canine company over human any day!

11. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Similar in Germany. On holiday on an island called Sylt we had all three dogs under the table at a resturant. The waitress came out with a bowl of water for them. Nobody turned a hair other than positive comments. Quite a few shops don't allow them though.

12. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

I always take Molly in the corner shop near me. None of the people who work there mind, in fact they love her. I carry her round with me :) I have seen some people give me funny looks, but it never bothers me :) Its not their shop.
    Id love to own a shop (not a pet shop, a normal shop) that only people with their dogs could go in.

13. catseyes

catseyes PetForums VIP

Grizz is allowed in my local newsagents, local bank, local bits and bobs store and where i get my nails done but only to book appointments dont think he would sit still for an hour waiting for me. Just wish he was allowed in the post office would make my life easier as its on a dog walking route!

14. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Well, I can hardly carry Diva! There is a sign, inside the shop, which says no dogs. I know that, which is why I asked. I think it was put up because of a woman who regularly took four little dogs in and went round the aisles with them, but it is a food shop, after all.

The old fool probably wouldn't have said a word if it had been a small dog, anyway. It seems there are different rules for the big ones! He's just lucky I didn't have both of them with me:D

15. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Perhaps you were a dog in a past life and reincarnated into a human? Not that I believe in that sort of thing but its a thought lol

16. Werehorse

Werehorse PetForums VIP

Just say "she's not a dog she's a bear, don't say 'no bears' now does it?" And watch them take several steps away from you for all sorts of reasons. :p

17. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

But sadly until the dogs learn to make a decent cuppa, I will have to like some people a bit :p

18. Lottieb01

Indeed lol :001_tongue:

19. sianrees1979

sianrees1979 PetForums VIP

sounds great, wish it was like that here i do take dai into the local post office and newsagents where they love him, also in the newsagents they usually have their dog laying down at the rear of the store and is so well behaved, he also goes into a few shops in town where they don't mind (he's zipped in his stroller)

20. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

I really don't like people sometimes....I think I'd have told him to sod off , I know every shop round my town I can take my dogs in and won't go into the ones who don't allow them....call me paranoid but everyone around me is a potential dog napper and I aint leaving them where I can't see them.
    If the bloke in the shop says you can take your dog in ignore the fat git who complains :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice