Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I wish I had never bought my dog...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Dogless, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

As per the title...there must be something that you wish you had never bought your dog :rolleyes:.

Mine is the flippin quacking duck toy from P@H - Kilo loves it.

On the phone to anyone- 'what's that noise?' 'Oh, it's just Kilo's duck'.

I wonder if Kilo has woken up yet 'Quack, quack, quack'.

Neighbours 'we are sure we heard quacking coming from your house'.

Ignoring Kilo as he is getting too crazy when overtired...I know what will get her attention..quack,quack, quack!!!
    :blink:

2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

The squeaking octopus :rolleyes::

How I HATE that octopus :frown2: :lol:

xxxx

3. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Oh dear I thought for a moment you meant you wished you'd never have brought Kilo himself - bit of a senior moment, I have quite a few of those :eek:

Anyway, I wish I'd never brought mine this damn ball that makes all these animal sounds! Last night the dogs had all just finished a rawhide chew and were all crashed out sound asleep on the rug in the lounge- was blissfully quiet, hubby and I were watching telly with a bottle of wine. Harvey gets up and goes into the kitchen (for a drink, I presume) and comes back with this flipping ball that’s moo'ing and quacking away- all the others get up to investigate and within two minutes we've got 5 dogs doing zoomies around the coffee table at 11pm, with this damn ball still oinking and meowing :mad2:

The ball has been ''temporarily misplaced'' as of today ;)

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Just reread the title and it does look like that :eek: I certainly don't regret buying Kilo, he is my best buddy :)

Oh...a babble ball...we also have one. It gets brought out now and then for a play and put back in the cupboard; trouble is it makes random noises sometimes and scares the life out of me!! I couldn't leave it out it sends Kilo demented :eek:.

5. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

I regret buying a very realistic sounding duck ;)

6. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Probably the same as ours; very loud too I bet!

7. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I totally regret all the squeaky ones and yet I keep buying them, must be a sucker for punishment.

8. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

so did i, i opened the thread wondering what was wrong :eek:

i wish i had never bought my lot a really expensive, soft, comfy bed that i thought they would love and sleep on. how wrong was i, they had it down 5 mins, i went for a wee came back to them and walked into a snow storm and the 4 dogs i had looking at me so proud. :blink:

9. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

If any toy has a squeak bella rips it out asap!!?? She literally goes straight for the noise tears it out and carries on playing with the toy :rolleyes:

The only thing I regret buying is a noisy space hopper type toy which she can't get the squeak out of and all she does is run around with a high pitched noise going on and on........:blink:

10. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh thats terrible, I really feel your pain :eek:, did you get any piccies?

11. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

i cant really think of anything, because Marley destroys all the toys i buy him within 10 minutes. If it has a squeaker it's dead in 5 mins if your lucky :rolleyes:

12. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

no, really wish i had done though. i didnt think about it until after i had tidied it up

13. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

So do I; always funny until it happens to you :p

Mind you, all you can do is laugh or cry once the deed has been done. I'm sure dogs have a concept of monetary value...if you get them something cheap they don't destroy it...if it is worth more; destroyed in minutes few!!

14. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

yep, they have good taste :lol:

15. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I buy the squeaky toys because Bramble has cottoned onto the fact OH hate them, he waits for OH to get settled on the sofa and then stands far enough away that OH can't quickly grab him, but right in between OH and the telly and stands there squeaking at him. It's HILARIOUS

16. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Not daft are they? :rolleyes:.

17. bird

bird PetForums VIP

A flipping bone.

Well technically I did'nt buy it, the butcher gave me them. Now I normally bin the bones after the boys are done with them, but the other night I did'nt. Roughly around 2am, Arnie starts crying and crying to go out, I get up to let him out and while I'm stood by the back door still asleep, he charges past me and bombs upstairs with his bone in his mouth. :rolleyes: I don't realise until I'm about to get into bed and then hear the Crunching sound. :( He then jumps on the bed with his bone, drops it into my armpit and goes to sleep. :blink:

18. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Eugh yuck :D.

19. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Bella silencing the duck within 2 mins of getting it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

I almost thought you meant you wish you hadn`t rought Kilo aswell lol :eek:

As others say, the toys get destroyed too quick for them to become annoying. This is why I get all Sailors toys from the pound shop now.. they are basically disposable :D

Altho I hate it when I get him balls so we can play ... but he always detroys it and keeps all the fun to himself, so we never get to play fetch for long :rolleyes:

He had part of a branch once that lasted almost a yeqar... but the son chucked it too far and it went over the fence, never to be seen again :(
    Sailor stood whining at the fence for ages, because he really wanted it back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice