Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I wish I didn't know so much ...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by BessieDog, Nov 22, 2012.

1. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

When I got my GD I was told to feed him from a raised bowl. I didn't ask, or question why. I just did.

When I got my IS I was told by the vets that she was a breed susceptible to bloat, and to feed her from a raised bowl. After reading up on that I found it was the wrong advice, so didn't.

Fast forward to tonight. Bess had her favourite dinner - rabbit. Cut into two haves so she can eat it better. She only ate one half, and then was the model dog lying quietly for the evening.

So I ignored the fact she'd only eaten her 'breakfast' at 5 o'clock, so a whole rabbit at 7 was a bit too much. I've spent most of this evening worrying she was going to die.

There's nothing wrong with her - but before I knew so much I wouldn't even have been worried.

Good thing? Bad thing? :rolleyes:

2. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

she'll be fine ;)

We didn't you just ditch the breaky today and give the whole rabbit? Once a day feeding is soooo much easier for me especially so they can have larger meals!

3. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Because she needs to have 800 g per day, and she decided she didn't like breakkie.:D

She's been told all day she was not getting her rabbit until she ate her mince!

(I'm trying to be a stern dog owner here). :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice