Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I WILL lose weight!!! It starts today!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ColliePower, Jul 20, 2009.

1. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

Positive thinking......

Positive thinking.........

hehe

I am starting (again) today to begin my journey of weight loss.

I've now crept to 17 stone and Im scared s***less as Ive let myself get too big!

No more accepting being big anymore........Ive gotta do it for my health

Plus, I want a baby in the next yr and i refuse to be a fat unfit mum, because I simply eat too much!!

I dont eat sweets, chocolate, cakes anything like that, I just eat TOO much!!

So today it begins, Im off to Tesco tonight, I will NOT have any junk food in my freezer, I will still have a weekly "eat what I like" meal and I WILL still have the occasional treat, otherwise I will not stick to this.

I will not be on any diet or anything like that, I will not eat disgusting "diet" ready meals, Im going to make this a change of the way I eat, and how much I eat so it will become the new way of life.

Plus I will be going back to swimming as I love it!!

What do you all think?? Is this the right way of doing it???

I hope so, my willpower and motivation is very low so this is the only way I feel I can achieve weight loss, slowly and long term.

:blushing::blush2::001_tt2::D

animallover111 likes this.
  2. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Good for you!! :thumbup: The best way to lose weight is slowly and steadily with healthy eating and increasing your exercise. I'm not a great believer in those ready meals, I believe eating healthy foods is the way to go - and drinking lots of water too.

Good luck

Ellie x

3. ColliePower

Thanks hun!!!

I appreciate that.

I know slowly is the best way but i am terrified I won't stick to this as before I did all of this for 3 months lost a stone then went on holiday, come back, and then put all the weight back on.

How the hell am I supposed to stick to this but FOR REAL this time.

Im trying so hard to be positive and determined, but I lose motivation very easily as I suffer with depression as it is.

The moment I see bad food I want it, and if I have a bad day at ork (which is most days!!!!) i want to go home and cook loads of bad food:001_tt2:

How do I stop that feeling?

I just need ideas/advice and the best way to keep motivated :D

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

I will do it with you I have been putting it off for too long - lets get started - :)

I am eating some fruit for breakfast and a nice low fat home made spag bol for lunch x

5. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Awww hun you can do it - just think of how good it is going to feel when you are wearing clothes that are sizes smaller - how cool it will be when your friends and family start to notice how great you are looking - :D

I said to my eldest son the other day

"Hmmmm I feel..."

And he replied "You don't feel - you ate all your feelings!" I nearly wet myself laughing but he was right x

I am going to stop washing my feelings down with big chunks of bread lol

6. ColliePower

Changes, thank you SO MUCH I need to hear that!!!!!!!

Today I had 1 slice of toast and for lunch Im having salad and a plum!

Any ideas for a good healthy but yummy dinner?

7. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

I wish you good luck....xxxx

8. animallover111

Good luck.....sending you lots of positive thoughts........xxx

9. ColliePower

Thank you Animallover and Scosha!!!!!!!!!

Means alot :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Classyellie

A few motivational quotes to get you started....

"Nothing tastes as good as slim is going to feel"

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you" Emerson

"Who needs luck when you can acheive much more by persistence?" - Fred Akama

"Some succeed because they're destined; others succeed because they're DETERMINED."

"Don't be intimidated by the impossibility, be motivated by the possibility!"

"I can't change what happened yesterday, but I can affect what happens tomorrow"

Ellie x

11. ColliePower

Ellie thank you!!

Fantastic I need them!!!! I need motivation i need to get home and be determined to make a lovely scrummy healthy fat free meal

Ive never ever been slim.....and I dont intend to be...a good size 16 will be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Classyellie

Just think how healthy you'll feel once you've lost the weight! And how much energy you'll have! I've suffered with depression and it is hard staying motivated but you can do it!

13. ColliePower

I hope so im trying!!!!!!!!!!!!! how often (if at all!) should i weigh myself....or should I not worry about that?

14. animallover111

I would weigh yourself now and then again in maybe two weeks......weighing yourself all the time isnt a good thing.......and in two weeks you will of had a great start......:)

15. Classyellie

If you do want to weigh yourself I'd advise only once a week at the same time of day. But I'd personally not worry about it - I don't - it's a great feeling just feeling your clothes get looser! Each to their own though, some people find it easier to stay motivated by weighing in

16. Missymoo

Missymoo PetForums Senior

You can do it!! best of luck!! xxx

17. ColliePower

Thanks Ellie thanks all!

I will not worry about weighing myself for now....I know ive got alot to lose, so i wont focus on how much Ive lost i will focus more on making my new way of eating and my new life habits my goal :)

18. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

Good luck ColliePower. I have recently started to try to loose weight again, so I know what your going through. I eat way too much too, and it has got me down that much now that I have decided to change, after all, it's only me that can do it!

I hope you manage to do it, I understand how hard it is to change the way you eat, but it will be worth it! :D

19. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I wish you loads of luck!

Two children later I have also hit the 17 stone mark. I keep telling myself that it's 'baby fat', but nearly 4 years on I think that excuse is wearing a little thin!

20. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

ahhh well done you! good positive thinking is definitely the way forward :)

when i did my diet i put a picture of myself on the fridge! its stopped me snacking etc when i went to the kitchen! gave me a good kick up the bum!

also one in my purse so when im out i see it and have a bit of a reality check lol!

im also on a healthy eating/lifestyle kick! it really got me down when i see myself bigger than i used to be! sometimes the fact that im so unorganised doesnt help lol!!

good luck xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice