Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I went to see some BSH kittens yesterday....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Ammy, May 31, 2010.

1. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

and I have put a deposit on a blue spotted!!! :thumbup:

He won't be 'ready' until 19th August by which time he will be 15 weeks.

We met the mum who was called Dinah and was possibly the friendliest cat I have ever met apart from my Meg :D She licked my hand and had a good suck on my finger.

I need to get a holding pen ready to bring him home and keep him safe from the Moggies. We will be doing a lot of scent spreading for a while and keeping him up in the spare room. Evie is a little bit feral I reckon so will be doing a lot of work to make sure she is happy before letting him roam free.

Has anybody got any tips or hints before I get him?

We can go over and see him whenever we want so will probably be moving in with the woman!! :) She has loads of beautiful cats and rosettes- the house is covered!! His prefix will be Wellmar and his mum and dad are grand champions.

We have decided on the name Albus Dumbledore and he will be registered next week.

:thumbup::D:thumbup:

2. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

aww lucky you, i bet you cant wait, its nice that you can visit him. you will have to take a picture of him to show us.:thumbup:

I have a british short hair long hair variant. ( shes a british short hair but with a longer coat.) i love the breed ,she loves sitting on your lap being cuddled and stroked.:D

3. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

You luck girl. He sounds beautiful. Carn't wait to see some pics.
    I think you have everything covered.
    When we adopted Harley ar 11 months we already had 2 15 year old cats and within 10 days they were altogether. I think it depends on the newcomer.
    We kept Harley up stairs for about 5 days and we use to bring him down in the pet carrier in the evening for a while. Then evenually opening the door of the carrier. Then we would let him out for about 5 minutes and so on.
    We never left him alone with the other two and for a couple of months he slept in the spare bedroom.
    As you know Harley's missing at the moment we have put up loads of posters and leaflets through doors. I haven't yet had any phone calls to say that they have seen him.(one lady thought she sawhim but there is another cream cat that lives near her) I think he's locked in somewhere and today people are coming home from the bank holiday. so i am praying he will return today.

4. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

Oh God - poor you :frown:

I dread any of mine going missing. Evie does tend to wander off but always comes back. My 2 moggies are defo outdoor cats- out all night hunting and sometimes wont come back in the house in the morning but they are always around the house. We live in a tiny cul-de-sac so no probs with traffic etc. All our neighbours have cats (since we got Meg and everyone fell in love with her the neighbours have all gone cat mad :p) so I'm not worried about the new addition being an indoor and outdoor cat HOWEVER he will only be going out when I am here, unlike the girls who are sometimes out for a few days at a time and I end up feeding them outside :D I'm thinking this may be hard to manage at first but I am sure we will find a way and suss out a routine. :lol:

5. Soupie

Soupie PetForums Senior

Many congratulations - Wellmar cats are very well known and I see so many stunning babies on the showbench from that prefix - chunky 'proper' brits - just gorgeous!

Good luck with your new baby x

6. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

She was a lovely lady as well, obviously completely adored her cats and handled them so confidently. Was lovely to see. A long way from me when I first got Evie and used to wrap my hands in towels to pick her up- I think I threw myself in the deep end with her :lol::D

I couldnt stop looking at the Mum- she was just gorgeous. Her fur had a gorgeous sheen to it and she purred so loudly, it was beautiful.

We are well prepared this time for introductions at least- when we got Meg we had a lot of fights and drama. There will be none of that this time!!! ;) Luckily we are a bit more knowledgable this time, hindsight is a marvellous thing and we had to un-do a lot of damage with the girls. You have never seen too happier cats now though- completely obsessed with eachother!!! :thumbup:

I am going to ask the lady selling us little Albus how easy it is to take your cat to a show- I have no experience whatsoever (have only had my moggie girls for a year- never had cats before that) and I'm not sure where to begin.

7. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

Hopefully, I've attatched 2 photos :confused1:

Attached Files:

8. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

yay!!!! xxx

9. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

He is beautiful :001_wub:

10. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

gorgeous, i bet you cant wait to get him.xxx:)

11. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :001_wub: that'l be you next to the calender with a pen till august then :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice