Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I want to scream at my friend!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Staysee, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

OK. Right.....she complains alot. I mean alot, moans too, but i just go with it!

She's had a hard time at work in recent weeks, she says she's been singled out and made to feel like they dont want her there, but i went to hers in feb [i think haha] and went to where she works and the atmosphere was very friendly and felt welcoming, yet she said even then she felt singled out and the atmosphere was not good, maybe it was cos it was her friend visiting...i dunno!

But it was her first job and she had a disciplinary a few weeks later, MY GOD everyone knew she had one. It was due to absences she'd had, not many...just a day or two here and there for things like migranes [apparently they run in her family....noses run in mine XD]

So she had the most massive panic/depression i've ever seen, even tho as a union rep i knew they couldnt fire her for like a weeks worth of illness of a period of time [she'd been there for atleast 6months, i know it was longer] eventually her parents got fed up and told her 'yes, you are gonna get fired' and hell even i felt like joining them and telling her that!

Anyways she had the disciplinary and got a final written warning and from then on set she herself up for failure, finding problems in EVERYTHING...she text me once about a pile of paperwork plonked on her desk with a note on top saying 'SEE ME' and she was texting saying it was over, she was ****** yaadaa yaadaa, so i said not to worry and she said 'No, i know its bad, i just know' but it turned out it wasnt, just some paper work that needed something different doing with.

Eventually she got herself another disciplinary and went off the rails in her moaning, said she was just gonna quit and that be that, then her parents said no, she could take them to court as she is profoundly deaf....she has to wear strong hearing aids or something to help her hear and even then you have to repeat sometimes. I also said that if she quits, she cant sign up for Job Seekers for 6 weeks and so she'd be without money for that long so she considered going for her disciplinary and possibly getting fired so she could go straight to job seekers....but no. She wrote out her resignation and took it in on last friday, hoping theyd let her go right away....she text me saying she'd given it and had "given them the choice to get rid of her today or stay for a week" SHE HAD GIVEN THEM THE CHOICE? hahahah anyways they said thanks and said that was her last day!

So she was meant to be coming down start of may and i asked if she was coming, she said no as she only had one months pay to last her til she got a new job! Fair enough, wanting to save money.....but no, she was away this weekend, did a bit of shopping too!

Also, cos she posted on an online diary i read it and it was done last night.

Now get this, in her time working she'd buy tickets for random shows...comedys, gigs, tv shows etc but NEVER tell her parents, cos they have always told her to be carefull with her money, dont spend willy nilly and so she hated tellin them she was buying for shows, when she had to tell a week or two before the show she'd say she got it cheap or was meeting a friend somewhere if it was just a day outing.

Now she put on her diary how she'd bought tickets for a comidian in a months time but bought them about 6 weeks ago and not told her parents, they have planned to go away, just her mum and dad and its clicked it has run with her show, so told her mum who told her dad who has told her she cannot go as they are going away and someones gotta stay home and look after the cat and house.....she doesnt want to do it.

She annoys the feck outta me, i dunno what to say to her anymore, im starting to get pretty blunt with her, but in a nice way XD

ALSO, maybe you guys remember me meeting the yummy ben mansfield from primeval [in my dp] and how happy i was, as primeval is like....an obsession! haha anyways, she went with me as for her, any excuse to go to london is fantastic....she didnt even know primeval was on its series 4 and i had to re show her WHO ben mansfield was. Then when we get home to hers, i wont upload my pic to facebook as i've had bad experiences with concert pics at a friends house and never finding them again on her computer, so left it....she got like 10+ comments on her picture and was all 'YAY BEN MANSFIELD' i finally get home and im so happy i cant say alot, yet i have to almost ASK people to look at the picture, only two of my primeval friends comment on it without me mentioning it to them.....it seems trivial but it really hurt me in a way, cos i was the one who was so scared/excited/nervous meeting him....yet the one who forgot what he looked him and never knew much bout the program, got more interest from her picture, i know i should be happy cos i met someone i adore from a program im obsessed with and the memory of acting a **** in front of him, but its like....ARGH

[/rant]

2. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

:/ im not surprised your annoyed!

I would be aswell :/ she doesn't sound like a very good friend :/

I don't really know what to say :(
    I hope you sort it out soon

xx

3. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

She owes me money too for a show we're meant to be going to in October!

So im gonna make sure i get that off her!

4. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

:eek: yea deff make sure you get that!

5. LyndaDanny

LyndaDanny PetForums Senior

Just as a point of interest, she can make a claim for JSA immediately. However her case will be referred to a Labour Market Decision Maker, who could then sanction (suspend) her benefit for anything between 1 and 26 weeks, if they find that she left her job voluntarily without just cause. Which on the face of what you described, she did.

6. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

Interesting, i was told before when i left job, cos getting to it almost cost my life on a few occasions XD haha that i couldnt apply for 6 weeks and thought that was the rule, obv not!

Anyways. Spoke to her and she's said she wont go for a job in another office, cos its all the same jobs....she wont go for a job at specsavers cos she dont like dealing with people.....she moans that there are no jobs for her where she lives and a big lack of jobs too....and wont work at her local morrisons cos she says she's better then that.....i work at my local morrisons....thanks! hahaha

She claims theres NO jobs where she lives, yet she lives in a fairly big town, not huge but she has a good high street with some decent names, if you know devon it'd be like living in newton abbot, but a little bigger....but placed 45mins outside of london.....she says the best jobs are in london....but she wont apply for them cos everyone she finds, she wont do.

It annoys me cos i work hard, aiming to finally leave the place and get into conservation...but she happily plods along now being picky over jobs, i told her that she cant be picky and to just apply for a job, any job.....as not everyone is doing a job they actually want to do, so just to get a job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice