Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I want to breed my japanise chin but not sure where to find a stud

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by leeco, Aug 13, 2009.

1. leeco

leeco PetForums Junior

Hi im new here, my bitch japanise chin has just come into season and i want to breed her but i have searched the internet for a stud for her and i am finding id hard to find one i live in west yorkshire.
    Dose anyone on here know of any good websites where I might find some infomation of find a stut not too far from me.

Thanks Lee

2. Liteskye

Liteskye PetForums Member

Not wanting to sound pedantic, but I think this is very important, but have you had all the health tests that your breed needs?

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I agree with this.

Also, how old is she?

4. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

health tests are a MUST..... contact your breeder she'll advise you.

5. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Have you tried searching for the Jap Chin club's website then contact the secretary of the club they may be able to put you in touch with someone who has a quality stud dog.

take care
    Sarah

6. leeco

leeco PetForums Junior

Hi thanks for your replies, she has had no health test yet but i will do any necessary test and she is just over 2 years old not in dog years

7. leeco

leeco PetForums Junior

Thanks Sarah ill try that

8. ok i'm not going to go down the lecture route.... there will be enough about that already...

Are you a member of the breed clubs? if so try contacting them for help with researching your girls lines and finding a suitable boy at open stud.

I would also be phoning your girls breeder for advice on her suitablility to breed - not every dog is a good example of the breed or suitable for breeding. Your girls breeder will also know her line better and be able to help you choose a good stud match.

Another place to approach and assess possible studs is at shows - attend a few, and maybe even enter your girl - that will help you assess whether she is a good breed example.

After all of that, make sure boy and girl are fully health tested - you could get sued by puppy buyers if you dont!

Then come back for advice....

sorry if i sound harsh.

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Good advice BBM.

Also, if she hasnt had the health tests as of yet, then its unlikely that she will be able to mated during this season.

10. Liteskye

Also have a look on the KC website, as they have a data base that tells you what breed should have what test. And like that has already been mentioned go to a breeders club, as they will know.

Six months won't make a difference to wait, and at least you have the peace of mind that you will be breeding healthy pups to better the breed by having the tests done.

11. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

Here's a link to the Jap Chin Club Japanese Chin Club - Founded 1895
    It looks like there are no current health tests being done with in the Jap Chin breed.

Take care
    Sarah

12. Liteskye

Yes it looks like it, as its not even coming up on the KC website.

13. leeco

leeco PetForums Junior

Hi thanks everybody for you good advice I understand the importace of health tests as last year I bought a boy japanise chin pup which turned out to be deaf it was very sad. Again thanks for your good advice.

Lee

14. doggles

doggles Banned

Do you still own him?

15. leeco

leeco PetForums Junior

no i bought him to breed with mine so i had to sadly give him back to the breeder

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice