Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I WANT some of these benifits that folk are going on about!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DoubleTrouble, Mar 23, 2011.

1. How do I go about it?:confused:
    Do I pretend I'm sick???
    Or do I tell em I've lost the plot!
    Or do I claim to be a drug addict?
    Or tell em I'm an alcoholic
    Or do I just go out and get myself pregnant?

2. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

All the above..... thats what people in my street do:rolleyes:

3. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

:lol:

my step dad got made redundant last year and is now on job seekers, yet hasn't got off his backside to find a new job :rolleyes: annoys the hell out of me, but then I dont get on with him so it's bound to haha

4. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Yeah i wanna know how they get them, bacuse I couldn't when I didn't have a job. They said I was entitled to it because of NI contributions! I worked since I was 16!

5. rcmadd

rcmadd PetForums VIP

just say your seeking asylum.... you should get a house..furniture.. and plenty of money...

6. All of the above.

I disowned my aunt because she said she had 4 disabled children (out of 6) yet they all go out to night clubs on their own and stay out till 4 am. Then again she drives a brand new car her and all her kids have Iphones and she can go on holiday at the snap of her fingers.

No idea how she did it but just wish she would get caught.

I didnt even know you could get money for being an alcoholic until last year when I asked how do those who are in the pub all day pay for their drink without working. :blink:

7. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I have a disabled brother, although he seems normal! So I think that can be a bit of a dodgy area! You need to be diagnosed as disabled before you can get any benefits!

8. ClaireLouise

If your an alcoholic you get extra benefits to pay for it so I believe

9. Thing is my cousins are not disabled at all.

3 of the 4 work. 1 of them is on trial for rape. 2 of them stand on street corners smoking pot. :blink:

10. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

My sisters ex was on disability for a bad back yet his facebook profile pic was him standing on his horses back :rolleyes: :mad: when they fell out she said she reported him but nothing seemed to happen.

11. NicoleW

NicoleW PetForums VIP

An ex who was epileptic got over £500 a month from the DLA, because it affected him alot.

Thing is, he could STILL work, but he used it as an excuse and made his illness seem worse than it actually is so got the higher rate of it.

He's just been to majorca with his mates, so if his epilepsy was that bad he would have a hard time paying for medical insurance.

12. My OH's friend has epilepsy badly and he refuses DLA and picked a bus pass instead so he can get to work and back.

13. NicoleW

NicoleW PetForums VIP

It did get to a point where he was having 5 seizures a day, but he never helped himself. Took his medication sparadically (sp?), he was prone to more seizures when tired but never went to bed before 1am. That really took the mick, because I had to quite my full time job to look after him.

Then when he got better, and he'd have maybe one or two fits a week, he refused to look for a job "Oh I can't what if I have a seizure and die"

I blame his mum for that tbh, she was amazingly controlling. She was the one who said to me "You need to quit your job and stay at home with him, if you don't then you won't get any support from us"

I regret to this day quitting my job to look after a lazy arse man!

14. Chinquary

Chinquary PetForums Senior

I'd like to know too.

I work 12 hours a week while studying part time. My OH is registered as self employed but has no money coming in atm.

We still HAVE to pay council tax, with money we don't have.

Seriously, if it wasn't for my parents lending us the money for the tax don't know what we'd do.

15. toria

toria PetForums Senior

It makes me sick how easy some people can get benefits.

Its true you can get extra for being a alcholic

You could do any of those that you mentioned....pretending to be depressed is a good one.... I know one person who claims it but isent!

16. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Our situation has changed lately because I've got better so mum and I are looking for work. Phoned up one of the benefit lines yesterday and I got told by 2 different people to or more less claim a higher rate of DLA fraudently :eek: They told me to fill in the form to make myself sound like I need more care than I really do to stop mum going back to work even thought I kept telling them I don't need anymore than an hour of care a day :mad:

17. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

I think all benefits should be refused to anyone outside the uk unless they have donen several years of work and really paid their way by paying taxes.
    The incapacity benefit needs a MAJOR overhall and JSA needs to be monitered.

18. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

TBH after seeing my BIL suffer form epilepsy i can see how it's very hard to hold down a job. He had several jobs and the employers were never very sypathetic (Asda) wouldn't let him do any job in the end as it was dangorus if he had a fit. Kevin did die from a fit this Jan aged 25

19. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Not true hun, my mum is an alcoholic (trying to recover tho) and doesnt get anything extra.
    Good thing too, she is cutting down and more money is like nudging her saying "go on, just one more..."

I am suspected bipolar and have never claimed anything. I like to stand on my own 2 feet :thumbup1:

20. toria

toria PetForums Senior

I would have taken a note of their names & be reporting them for that.

Here you are being totally honest & upfront & they are telling you to claim fraudulantly...:mad:

What hope have we got if honest people are being told this!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice