Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I tried to do my best

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by KathrynH, Apr 25, 2011.

1. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

The afternoon my boys were playing out the front garden and i could hear them shouting and calling me about some dogs, it turned out that there was an akita and a husky loose running round our cul-de-sac.

They came running at the kids so i got them in the house, and went to see if i could grab them as they ran off up towards the busy main road where i live, i ran up to the top of our road but could not see them they must of scarpered.

I came back in but the kids kept saying "mum they ran past again" so i went running up again but no could not see them, i was so worried as they were either going to get killed or cause a massive accident running loose.

The local councils are not open today as bank holiday so NO dog warden available, so i phoned the police, do you think they were interested were they hell. She said "not our problem phone the dog warden i said the council are not open it is bank holiday so she gave me a number that doesn't even bloody work!!! :mad::mad:

2. rona

rona Guest

Yep good innit :rolleyes:
    We had two dogs overnight once on new years eve :rolleyes:

3. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

Jezz you would have though they'd send someone out. Had you said this dog has just caused a car accident thery would have been there like a shot but the chances of it maybe happening and they dont come thats awful.

Prevent it is better Guys! lol

Maybe call your warden tomorrow and ask for an emergency number and let him/her know that it has happened as well.

4. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Oh no that is not good, why is there not any numbers or anybody to help in these situations, just because it is a bank holiday, makes me so angry!! :mad::mad:

5. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

Yes that is a good idea, i will do that just so they know. They were MASSIVE dogs, i knew i wasn't going to be able to hold them or anything i didnt know what i was going to do of i had found them to be honest.!!! :(:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice