Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I thought I was prepared

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by carly87, Nov 21, 2012.

1. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

I'd psyched myself up for this. I'd done it three times already. The fourth would be easy.

But it wasn't. This one's been the worst so far, and I'm on my own here tonight with no housemate company until Friday. Poor little Apache's moping and searching for her playmates and there aren't any. It's breaking my heart.

2. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

aww.. call, text or fb if you need to vent it...

3. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

I can't, jo. Can't talk at the mo and all I'd do is blubber down the phone at you.

4. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

awwww Carly :( Nothing I can say will make you feel better. I just knew this would be the most difficult day. Apache will be ok, she still has you!! Just remember what Millie was like when Manny went, but she was soon back to her cheery self.

Stripe will be spoiled rotten by the new family, I know that doesnt make you feel better at the moment, but in time you will know you have done your best by her.

I'm here if you need to talk (((hugs)))

5. SnazzyJazzy

SnazzyJazzy PetForums VIP

sending you lots of hugs x

wishing i could help more x

6. Chiantina

Chiantina PetForums VIP

((((((Hugs)))))))

7. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

What a lovely breeder you are, im sure you have picked the best homes for the kittens.
    Big hugs to you and Apache:001_tt1:

8. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Aww no, big hugs for you!!! I definitely couldn't be a breeder, I'd be keeping all those little fluffballs myself!!! :smile5:

9. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

It must be very hard, your babies flying the nest and starting their own lives away from you and their mother.....
    But you'll get over it, I am sure.
    Your baby has found a purrrfect home, I know you have made sure of that.
    And the new slaves will keep you informed, I am sure.

Have a good cry, and comfort poor Apache.....

And remember that in time you will count yourself lucky you have found such good homes for your babies..

It is OK to feel sad over saying goodbye

BIG hugs!!!!!!!!

10. Quinzell

Quinzell PetForums VIP

Awwwww big hugs coming your way :(

As has already been said, you are obviously a great breeder, for so many other reasons too but because you miss them so much is the icing on the cake.

11. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Can't offer you anything other than a big hug Carly ((()))

12. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Bless you :( sending hugs by the dozen :)

13. sharonchilds

sharonchilds PetForums VIP

Exactly :)
    I know everyone is different but i would be just like Carly if i was a breeder :001_tt1:

14. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

sending big hugs to you, its hard letting the babies go.:)

15. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Big Hugs to you Carly. x
    If there were not lovely people like you we wouldn't have our Babies to love and cherish.
    I hope all the new mums and Dads will keep you updated all through their lives.
    Think How Happy you have made them.

16. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

Big hugs Carly - I am happy to listen to you blubbering down the phone, so if you want to just let me know xxx

17. wicket

wicket PetForums VIP

I have this to come for the first time when two of my boys go together on Friday - I have already warned the lovely people who are having them I will cry lots.

Sending you big hugs

18. Durhamchance

Durhamchance PetForums VIP

Big hugs Carly, I don't know how you and the other breeders do it xx

19. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

HUGE hugs Carly. I can't offer anything else. I know I'd be just like you if I tried breeding, or even fostering. I'd never be able to let anyone go, not because I didn't feel I'd picked the very best new slaves, but just because I'd miss them so much. You're very brave and very strong to have let them all go and still keep going and you know you've done your best by them. I'm sure that doesn't help one little bit, but hopefully this will......

(((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))

20. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Oh you lot, do you all know how wonderful you are? Thank you so, so much for all of the support you've given me over this last week. Words don't do justice to the confort you've given me by understanding and not thinking I'm a nutjob because I break my heart every time. Apache and I spent a pretty much sleepless night. She's been so distressed that she came to bed with me, climbed under the covers and did her damnedest to suckle on my neck and chin. She's stuck to me like glue and really not a happy little person. in contrast, Stripey has settled in like she always lived there. She's been played with until she gave up (something unheard of with Stripe), ate like a fat little piggie that had been starving and generally made an absolute pest of herself. She very briefly met their other cat who had a tiny hiss, but Stripey just carried on playing. She's got more laps than she can use and the lady has taken today and tomorrow off work to settle her, then has the rest of the weekend. Her real owner, an 11 year old girl, is absolutely thrilled with her and insisted that her safe room was her bedroom. All pocket money for the last month has been spent on new toys, she's converted her den under her bed into a girl and cat den, complete with new cat beds, they've bought her the most enormous scratching post, and she even filled the carrier with Dreamies so that Stripe wouldn't fret on the long, long journey of 20 minutes to her new home. They've offered to come and collect me in a few weeks so that I can go and see how well she's settled. In short, it's a fabulous home, and in all truth, probably better than she would have had here, what with all the other cats and all.

Orson and Ursula are settling so well and are even making friends with Mitz, but I'll leave the full story for GT to tell.

Redginald, now named sir Monty Redginald (second name of owners) isn't that so grand? is also settling, but taking longer to get on with his new little sister kitten. Grumpy granny has obviously taught him dockyard language as he's been using it with her. He's a people monster though, and his new owner says that if she doesn't pick him up within a few seconds of him asking, he will literally climb her. She was making tea last night and he climbed from her ankle to her shoulder, then sat there quite happily.

They all have more toys than they know what to do with and I know in my heart that they have fabulous homes. I'm going to try and find my Rescue Remedy today, take a load, then give myself a very firm talking to for being so silly.

Again, thank you all so much. I really mean it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice