Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I thought ads couldn't surprise me anymore

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nicky10, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Guess the breed :(

genuine reason for sale, our kc reg girl is for sale, she will come with free mating to our kc stud dog, she has a litter of pups that can be seen on our add, there are 3 pups left so she will be ready to go as soon as they are sold, she is great with kids and with our male, her sire is , kenmillix magical charm, dam is kenmilquin norbury girl, pics will be added tomorrow, thanks

2. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

Staffie? :rolleyes::

3. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Not just any staffie a rare blue one :rolleyes:. I guess selling the puppies at £500 each wasn't making them enough money

4. Dazadal

Dazadal PetForums Member

OMG are these people mad? :cursing: Maybe she will be better off away from such callous fools?
    It takes a bitch months and months to recover from having a litter both emotionally and physically and they just want her gone after being mated again. The trauma of being re-homed is bad enough and then have another litter.
    Problem is in this Great Britain they aren't doing anything illegal. :crazy:
    Poor girl,

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

They're selling her last litter now so sounds like they're offering a back to back mating for the new owners :(.

6. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

Surprise, surprise. Some 'genuine reason' hey! :rolleyes: Poor girl.

7. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I guess selling your poor dog straight after she's weaned a litter and an offer to breed her again for free so you'll get more money is a genuine reason for some people :(

8. Dazadal

Dazadal PetForums Member

How sad.
    Problem is do responsible new owners look at this site/advert? Will she get a new responsible owner? Probably not and the cycle will go on. How many of her offspring will end up in Welfare or the Pound or end up being PTS. It doesn't bear thinking about does it? :(

9. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

With offering the breeding I can only assume she would attract people looking to make money off her poor thing. She's on pets4homes so someone responsible might buy her. With the breed I would guess most would end up being euthanised in shelters :(

10. Dazadal

Dazadal PetForums Member

I hope so. Maybe Pets4Homes should refuse to advertise in such circumstances?

11. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

You could suggest that to Mark the admin on here he runs p4h as well

12. Dazadal

Dazadal PetForums Member

I certainly don't think it would be an unreasonable request.

13. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

It would be good to see I've seen a few ads for "red-nosed" staffs on there as well :(. The ambull section is awful for them

14. Dazadal

Dazadal PetForums Member

Nicky what is a red nosed staff? I almost am afraid to ask......

15. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Term used to try and hide the fact they're advertising a pitbull but of course everyone knows that what they mean so they attract the right people. Course most of the red-nosed ones are DDB crosses but anyway

16. Dazadal

Dazadal PetForums Member

I see!! Being in Staffordshire maybe I should have known that! I see Irish Staffies and Long Legged Staffies advertised around here all the time.:eek:

17. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I think irish staffs are an actual type but most advertised are "pitbulls" or people trying to say their dogs are

18. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

Sorry, I know it's a sister site to this one so may get me banned, but pets4homes is not somewhere I would recommend anyone look for a pup. The breeders are mainly byb and puppy farmers and tbh, the people who buy from these sites are not much better.

19. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I wouldn't buy a dog from there I was just looking it is mostly BYBs and so many poodle mixes :eek:. There was one labradoodle ad that really impressed me though all health tests done and everything they were getting a waiting list together for a litter in December

20. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

They won't! If only we didn't have free ads, I think they hold a lot of responsibility for many of these dogs being bred indiscriminately. If people had to pay to advertise maybe they'd think twice. Some of the ads they allow are disgraceful - this being one of them. More poor Staffies in rescue! :mad:

I hate the sellers and I hate the free ad sites for allowing this kind of advertising!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice