Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I think we've cracked it

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Shaza, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Shaza

Shaza PetForums Junior

Suki is 13wks old now and has been with us for 4 wks. She was part paper trained but got the hang of going outside really quickly - no household accidents after 3 days. The night time was something I knew would take time BUT we've had a whole week with no toileting during the night. She goes out before I go to bed (even if I have to wake her up to do so) and is just waiting for me when I get up at 7am. She even woke me up at 7.30 this morning because I had forgotten to set my alarm and she wanted to go out. I'm soooo pleased :D

I was really lucky with Oscar who's 17wks as he also was day-time house trained within 3 days but he stopped getting me up at night after 3 wks.

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Well done!

Its a great feeling when everything falls into place.

3. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Well Done!

I know my vet was dead impressed that Bramble even has the remote idea of where to go to the loo, aparently male labs can be a bit of a nightmare to train!

4. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

thats fantastic, well done, you must be thrilled!!

5. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Thats fantastic congratulations to you, Suki and Oscar

6. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Brilliant news! Well done to you all!

Pippa woke up the first 2 nights she was home for the toilet and since then has slept all through the night - from around 11pm - 7am :rolleyes: I keep expecting the worst but she just sleeps all night! As soon as I come down in the morning she wakes up and I let her out of her crate & she's straight into the garden! She's a little star!

7. Debs2460

Debs2460 PetForums Junior

Hi everyone

I hope you don't mind me posting on your thread, but it's related to the same topic.

I picked up my Jack Russell pup last friday, and he's not weeing on paper at all, he seems not to like walking on it as it makes him slip about. He's brilliant when I take him in the garden and does his business no problem. I've been putting paper down and lifting him onto it when he starts to wee on the carpet, but in the night he just wee's wherever, except on the paper.

Does anyone have any good tips please?

Thanks

Debbie and Webster.

8. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I personally don't agree with using paper as i think this just gives them permission to toilet indoors,and you end up having to wean away the paper which just lengthens the whole process!! If your pup is getting the hang of going outside then the best thing to do would be to set your alarm 3 hourly and take the pup out for toilet breaks. You will find after a couple of weeks you will only need one nighttime visit outside and then finally none!! Logan was clean and dry overnight in his crate from day one as we did this and now he is 18 weeks old and has gone through the night without needing the loo for about 5weeks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice