Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I think someone was having a bad day!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Hudson87, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Hudson87

Hudson87 PetForums Member

We came across a few of these signs on our walk. There were quite a few poo bags lying under there not sure if the person that made the sign dumped them there or other people did to wind them up some more.

I do see her point mean if your going to put it in a bag why then leave it there. The annoying thing about where we walk is that even though its a very large area there are only poo bins at the car park? I guess people don't want to walk around for an hour carrying it.

Bless her she would have a heart attack if she went to cobham common there is just poo everywhere all along the sides of the paths that people don't even bother putting in bags.

Attached Files:

2. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

lol at whats on the bag the sh*t fairy is on holiday too funny
    I wish folks would just pick up poo bag it and if they cant find a bin aint rocker science to take it home

3. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

Love it! LOL at the fly reading the sign :lol:.

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Brilliant we have the full poo bags left alongside the path. Poeple pick up and leave it by the path saying they will collect them on the way back along the path but then forget it or don't come back that way.

There is also poo all over the place that isn't picked up by the amount in each pile it is someone with a big dog thats doesn't bother picking it up. There is a nursery along the road and they often bring the children on nice days to play on the grass I haven't seen them this year even though the weather has been so nice I don't know if its because of the state of the grass becasue of the dogs.

5. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Funny how we never see anyone doing stuff like that :confused:

I was out with one of my walk dogs this morning and he squatted right in front of some houses. He didn't actually get anything out at that point...but I pretended to pick up so as not to upset anyone that was looking :eek: :lol:

6. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I've done that before as well :lol:

I always feel guilty too when she stops for a wee when anyone is watching because she squats, so to someone who isn't used to dog toileting body language, it may look as though she is having a poo and i've just walked away and left it :eek:

7. WeedySeaDragon

WeedySeaDragon PetForums VIP

I'm paranoid about that as well.

I've been known to exclaim loudly "Oh, are you stopping Lyssa? What are doing? Are you having a poo? Nope, just a wee!!" in case anyone is watching :lol: :lol:

8. Prowl

Prowl Guest

Big problem in my area we have loads of theirs no such thing as the poo bag fair signs all over the place.

It really annoys me seeing poo bags discarded by walls in parks ect when their are so many bins and poo bag bins their really is no excuse unless the person is disabled.

9. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

Arrrrgghhh absolutely hate the 'well there are no bins about excuse', so frigging what! Your dog pick it up and carry it the 1/5/10 whatever miles back to wherever you crawled out from.

I will where appropriate flick it I have to say, but I know people who just CBA to carry it about on a walk, and ones who think if its not on the path its OK, its not if its visible its sending out just as bad an impression, pick up after yourselves. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ok deep breathes, sorry my walk this morning was particularly littered with nice fresh bakers poos :mad:, the only bonus of that is that I can safely assume all the clueless walkers have already passed through :rolleyes:

10. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

So, I'm not the only one who leaves signs ;)

And, it's not cos I'm having a bad day - just sick to the back teeth of people behaving like scum!

I left a note recently when a pile of bags of poo was growing in a particular location - bearing mind there were 5 bins within a short walking distance. Somebody responded by leaving a note saying "well, what do you expect if there is no bin?"

SIMPLE - no bin? TAKE IT HOME! :nonod::mad:

11. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I don't actually say anything, but I get ready to say 'She's a bitch - she's weeing!!' :D

12. Fluffaluff

Fluffaluff PetForums Member

Its shocking the amount of disrespectful dog owners there are!
    At local 'points' around where I walk my dogs there are spray paintings on the floor to 'remind' these people to pick up after their dogs, roughly the same time i noticed these lovely pieces of 'artwork' all the residents were sent rather snotty letters from our councillor.
    I always pick up after my dogs but the letter left me feeling like a criminal that will be watched from now on.

13. Prowl

Prowl Guest

The problem is even though its a crime to leave poo the police don't care and have bigger things to worry about like real crimes.

I have never seen a dog warden in my area EVER I think thats another reason no ones officially stopping owners and telling them they can't do it.

I also think that many owners don't even know the law or that you could get fined for not picking up.

Many kids who want to be dog owners one day grow up having never been taught about responsible dog ownership.

I REALLY annoys me when I see so many poo bags left on the path way when their are so many poo bins available just lazy lazy pigs >.>

14. LeeManchester

LeeManchester PetForums Junior

Sadly if they are ignorant enough to leave the poo/bags in the first place they'll never believe for a second the sign is intended for them..

15. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

We live on a tree lined street and some people think that trees are dog toilets and that they dont have to pick up .. Sometimes it gets so bad you dare not open the windows because of the amount of flies buzzing around .

Ive put up signs on 3 trees asking people to pick up in various humorous ways..There has been a 90% reduction in the shi* left at the base of those trees since the signs went up..

However this morning I had just got out of the shower and peeped out of the window just in time to see a lady with a beagle letting it crap under a tree opposite my house and walk off... Because I wasnt dressed I couldnt do anything about it right then, but I saw her and will know her when I see her again.. :ihih:

16. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

I'm so glad I'm not the only one :lol:. I get so paranoid about this! No one's ever even said anything, one man walked past us on the street and then backed up to check what she was doing but I'm scared that someone might just shout at us without checking first :eek:!

17. LynnM

LynnM PetForums Senior

Sometimes Tia will do a tiny 2nd poop as an afterthought but I would never dream of not picking it up even though it's only half an inch long and uses up another bag. I don't care whether there are people around to see or not I would never leave it.

Wherever you go there are piles of poop that haven't been picked up or else filled, discarded poo bags left on the ground or hanging from trees. Some people are too lazy or ignorant to pick up after their own dog and then wonder why more and more places are becoming off limits to dog walkers and more people are becoming anti dog. It's not the end of the world to stand in dog poop but it's not very pleasant either, especially if it doesn't belong to your dog.

It's easy enough to carry a bag until you find a bin, just loop it round a finger and carry it along with the lead or whatever.

18. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Somebody, in response to an earlier note asking dog owners to put their bags of poop in a bin, actually left a note along the lines of "it's not fair to only blame dog owners for the litter".

What? Unless people are going out for a walk up a footpath and dumping in a plastic bag themselves and chucking it in the hedge - WHO ELSE IS TO BLAME ? :eek:

19. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

I have found the incidence of left poo has reduced in our street since I flagged the horse sized pile ;) sadly the only ones I have seen have been of similar size and consistency so although it made other think it hasn't made that owner :mad:

I hate poo all over the place anywhere, it is bad in the countryside miles from a poo bin but especially in an urban or residential environment, its is so glaringly hideous and dangerous and totally unnecessary.

20. DogLover1981

DogLover1981 PetForums VIP

lol That's a good sign. I doubt the sign will work though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice