Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

i think someone has swapped our pooch!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by harrison79, May 11, 2010.

1. harrison79

harrison79 PetForums Member

We were away for the weekend, this only being the second time we have left Serge. This time we put him to my sisters who has 2 springer spaniels, a 4 year old dog and a 7 year old bitch.

I was very worried about leaving him as our 9 month old pooch is a bundle of energy, to the point that i have yet to see him lie down and sleep without being crated. So i was worried that with 3 kids and 3 dogs in the house my sister would not have the best weekend ahead of her.

We picked him up yesterday and at their house he was exciteable still albeit slightly calmer than we would normally expect. She said he had got on great with her dogs and that her bitch had been sorting him out when he got too boisterous as she is the boss in the house. So all in all it had been a success and she would definately take him again. :thumbup:

When we got home our hyper Serge just lay down slept, this is something that has NEVER happened before :eek: I thought he was maybe just tired after all his playing, and was expecting the energy levels to resume after a while. But no, i had a sooky dog for the whole evening. He was up for cuddles, which he never has been before. Lying and being petted without turning it into a game of trying to bite my hand!

At one point i was getting worried about him, but he did eat all his tea and generally seemed fine... but just seemed like every other dog i know and not the hyperactive pup we were used to.

Even this morning he was calmer and rather than running around my feet, he just went and lay down while i was getting ready!

So i am thinking he is either pining for his new best friends or (hopefully) has learned some manners from them!

I am fully expecting for him to back to form tonight but the calm in my house last night and the cuddles i got were bliss :)

Attached Files:

2. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

It is quite amazing how other dogs have an effect on a dog.Maybe he needs a new friend!!??;)

3. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

He is probably shattered!! He has had such a good weekend with his new found friends! :thumbup:

4. harrison79

yeah i tried this one on my husband last night... and got a resounding NO!!
    I may just have to work on that one ;)

5. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

i think hes angry u left him!! and hes missed u so thot he best be on his best behavour incase u leave again! lol xx

6. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Hehehe,go you!!
    Though i must say,id never have just one dog again,they do love company of their own kind and they wear each other out!!! The best bit is seeing them all snuggled together after playing themselves to sleep!

7. harrison79

i have been speaking about getting him a wee pal for some time now.... and when i say 'wee' do mean a little dog as opposed to something of a similar size. Our house just couldn't cope with another one his size.

I think it would do wonders for his excessive energy levels. But my OH looks at the more practical side of things, such as affording them both, upsetting the cat, getting willing sitters, etc etc

I know if a wee stray just happened to end up on our doorstop we would cope with all his concerns ;) But i would be in serious trouble :lol:

8. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Hehehe,they dont stay grumpy for long.......now,go find that stray! (sorry im such a bad influence)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice