UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Don't know the answer but didn't want to read and run.
Not long ago Milo swallowed some thick material / string and I was worried, people told me it was fine and would pass but a bone is a bit sharper!
Hopefully someone will be along soon, sorry i'm not much help but hope Rufus is okay. x

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
If your unsure i would give the vets a quick ring and see what they say :)
hope the little fella is ok :)

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
I think i'll see what his next poop is like and if he's the same i'll give them a call. He's absolutely fine, running around, playing, jumping after his bouncey ball, so he's not in any pain or anything.. I think he's just got a bit of something that needs to work it's way out.. hopefully it'll just come out, and wont need a vet to go in there.. poor boy :D
let us know how he gets on :)

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I think he may have expressed his own anal glads this morning.. He was heaving alot and some liquid shot out of his bum. It wasn't poo, it was brown liquid.. I thought he might have squeezed too hard. :001_huh:
Sounds like it, poor lad, were the vets helpful or have you not had a chance to call yet? Mine will often answer questions and they'll let you know if he needs to come in. Poor lad :(

There isn't blood in his poo is there?

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
It wasn't a cooked bone was it? :( If you have any liquid parrafin from the pharmacy, give him a spoonful of that, if not, I'd personally have him at the vets if he seems to be struggling.

·
Registered
20,334 Posts
It wasn't a cooked bone was it? :( If you have any liquid parrafin from the pharmacy, give him a spoonful of that, if not, I'd personally have him at the vets if he seems to be struggling.
If he already has the runs I would not give him liquid paraffin. Dogs often strain to pass more when they have the runs though so probably nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
When Pixie was impacted she looked bloated, her tummy was firm and she wasn't passing anything at all. She was really quiet as well, very different mood while she was feeling poorly- she had to have a pretty invasive enema under anaesthetic :( But it was clear that she was bunged up- it doesn't sound similar to your lad though, which is good!. I hope he's all back to normal tomorrow, they are such a worry, aren't they!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Sometimes spasms and cramping in the lower GI tract can occur in humans with diarrhea as it's irritated. I did notice Kilo straining after he had had a bowel movement when he had bad diarrhea last year and attributed it to the same happening.

That said; I would contact the vet if you have any worries at all.

·
Registered
15,290 Posts
Sometimes spasms and cramping in the lower GI tract can occur in humans with diarrhea as it's irritated. I did notice Kilo straining after he had had a bowel movement when he had bad diarrhea last year and attributed it to the same happening.
Spen's done the same thing a few times. Or he'll finish then a few minutes later try to go again but nothing happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.