Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I think Remus is trying to milk me!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Emma_Williams, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Emma_Williams

Emma_Williams PetForums Junior

My new kitten keeps cuddling into my boobs or tummy and pads me and I can hear him sucking. Ive been covered with a blanket almost everytime he's done it.
    Is there any reason he would be doing this? Supposedly he stopped suckling off his mum about a month ago. Is it something to worry about? Just seems a bit odd but quite cute.

2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

My cat still does it with me or a nice rug i have on make of couch its a suckling thing and comfort, a lot of cats do it..;) mind you she did it to me the other day and she brung out her claws...:eek: oouch!

3. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

I think it's quite normal; all cats I ever had did it... The younger they were, the more they did it.

4. amylou8

amylou8 PetForums Member

Mazie has always done it especially when I have the fleecy blanket on me. She is 9 months now and still doing it!

5. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

We had two kittens together last year and Dusty used to do this to Ted all the time on his neck. It's just a comfort thing and completely normal. It is rather cute isn't it!
    Sharon
    x

6. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

It's a kitties method of getting milk from mum, lot's of cat's do it for years & years, I bet it's like being prickled a thousand times with needles, arn't they sharp at that age tee hee:rolleyes:

7. Emma_Williams

Emma_Williams PetForums Junior

Doesn't hurt. He only ever uses his claws very slightly and looks all ashamed if he does hurt us. Its just sweet to watch.

Thank you for all your comments. I'm glad Remus isn't the only one. OH feels a bit unloved now though as he doesn't do it to him and will only cuddle up to me but he will only play properly with OH. It's quite funny. I'm the cuddle toy and OH is the big play toy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice