Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I think our vets will be sick of seeing me!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by zippie161, Nov 17, 2012.

1. zippie161

zippie161 PetForums VIP

Last saturday i took Barney down because of his runny/bloody poo situation, then it was Maggie for her spay, now this morning im going again with my mums cat Hector as he's been limping all week & not getting any better.
    This will be the most challenging i expect though, not just because he isnt my cat but because hes roughly around 6kg i think and i know it will be a struggle to carry him!! :laugh: (and although i shall stress that he isnt my cat i know im going to get a telling off for how fat he is..)
    He's put on a heck of a lot of weight since his brother George passed away earlier in the year and so now he doesnt go exploring or roaming about as far as he used to and so doesnt get as much excersise. He has been put on a diet but doesnt seem to be working yet.
    Anyway hopefully they can find out whats wrong with his leg and i should be done with the vet visits for a while!

2. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

im at the vets mostly 2 or 3 times a week and my vet would rather i visit than sit at home and worry.
    im sure they can sort the cats out and i really dont think any vet will complain about seeing a customer too much.:)

3. WelshOneEmma

WelshOneEmma PetForums VIP

If they are anything like my vets they will be happy as its money for them!

We are well known at our vets due to the numerous animals we have and that any issue they have they go to the vets (as opposed to my neighbours who will leave an animal for a while to see if it gets better, despite getting worse!).

Mind you it does have its positives. As we are well known, they trust us when we make a decision with our animals and they are quite happy to do direct payments with insurance or sometimes, when hubby has forgotten his wallet, trusted us to come back and pay later.

I think its a good thing to be seen regularly as they tend to trust you more - its just a tad expensive! :D

4. Tracy Lou

Tracy Lou PetForums Member

A couple of weeks ago I was at the vets 4 days running as it turned out Candy has Diabetes. Monday for a blood test. Tuesday to drop a urine sample off, Wednesday to learn how to do her Insulin injections and Thursday to collect the urine test strips and find out how to read them. That was without the visits every 2 to 3 weeks for the last 3 months. I told this third vet that it was my money and I knew my cat and there was something wrong with her. This vet said she would rather I take Candy up than leave it and something be missed. The vet agreed, I would know my cat and I'm the best person to know if there was something wrong with her. The vet ran the test and we are now starting to see signs that Candy’s Diabetes is under control. I believe you keep taking them back until everything is OK, it can be expensive, but vets normally don't complain. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice