Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I think misty is dying :'(

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by CharleyRogan, Aug 13, 2009.

1. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

hey, I'm so nervous, i came in today after work and went to check on misty, i haven't seen her out in a couple of days. I thought it was just cos she was asleep, i have been working constantly for the last week and still have two days to go. Her leg is a bit wonky and she falls over and her bum is dirty. I think she has wet tail. She doesn't seem in any pain but she is lethargic. I'm takin her to a vet tomorrow after work, I'm in at 6 till 3 so hopefully she'll survive long enough. This is the first time i have tried pf on my phone so hopefully it works! I think she has it because the cats have been able to get in and i have had to get them out. Does anyone think she Will get better or are her chances not good?

2. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed for Misty! Let us know how she get's on at the vet tomorrow.

3. CharleyRogan

well its 6am and I'm in work now. Do you have to make an appointment for a vet? Hopefully Will get to see one bout 4pm today. Any idea how much it gonna cost? I only had bout 2 hours sleep and i keep waking up to check she okay. She didn't do much last night but this mornin she was moving bout a bit. Its heart breaking when she falls over and its such a struggle for her to get back up. I'll keep you all informed!

4. ....zoe....

....zoe.... PetForums VIP

how old is she ???

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Are you sure its wet tail (is there that horrible smell?) When I thought Buffy had wet tail, I treated her with Baytril that the vet sold me over the counter because she gets so stressed at the vets but I think it was actually a small stroke. She had a wet back end but it was urine not poo as she temporarily lost control of her bladder and she was walking strangely hunched over to one side. She still holds her head slightly to one side and is weak on her left side but she still enjoys life nearly a year later. I did have to build her back up with baby porridge, egg, chicken etc because she lost loads of weight and occasionally I have to wipe down her back end. Hope Misty is back to full health soon

6. CharleyRogan

Hey, my misty moo is at rest now. She had a large cancerous tumour on her intestine which was unoperable. She was put to sleep at about 5:30pm today. She was only 6 months old. Finally got internet back at my house to update you all, I am heartbroken as she was lovely and a bit weird as far as hamsters go, but now she is playing with all the other hamsters in hamster heaven.

The vet said that it would only be a matter of days before she couldn't eat or drink and would suffer immensley so I thought it best for her not to suffer. She wasn't in pain with her tumour just uncomfortable. It literally came on within 2 days, because of the metabolism of small animals.

I'm going down to P@H to look at the animals, I probably won't come home with anything but I want to house an animal that may otherwise be bought by someone who couldn't look after them properly. I know my Misty Moo would be happy that another animal is getting a chance at a good life, just as she did in her very short one.

RIP my little Misty Moo Face x x x

7. thedogsmother

Aw i'm so sorry to read this I so wanted her to get better, run free at the bridge little Misty and big cyber hugs to you Charley.

8. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Oh no, poor Misty.. :(
    RIP xxx
    *hugs*

9. Flissy

Flissy PetForums VIP

I'm really sorry to hear about Misty... but at least she didn't have to suffer :(

10. CharleyRogan

I'm just looking at her now and she looks like she is resting, i wish she was just asleep, but it was the right thing to do, I saved her from being in so much discomfort, and eventually starving herself, it was just so sudden, she was here this morning, and she is gone now, I need to find her somewhere where she can rest indefinitely. Some one in my house is being extremely incosiderate and has told me to get rid of her asap, her being with me one more day isn't going to harm anyone, I want to bury her in a place that feels special to me, rather than just the back garden where the cats will just dig her up. I can't believe she was fine last week, and now she is gone today. But i'm happy she died peacefully, and in no pain. :'(

11. thedogsmother

Tell the inconsiderate *BLEEP* to let you grieve in peace. Can you maybe bury her in your parents garden?

12. CharleyRogan

My parents live about an hour away on the bus! I'm not quite sure what i'm gonna do yet. I'm gonna go P@H tomorrow, to look at the new little pets, I have a rat cage that Misty was in spare now.

13. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry to hear about Misty :( at least she is free from pain. RIP sweet little one.

14. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

sorry to hear about misty :(

15. ferretgirl20

ferretgirl20 PetForums Newbie

I'm sorry for your loss, I unfortunately lost my two boys a while ago now but it was very sad as I had them for a good while too, hope you find somewhere nice for her to rip x

16. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear this.
    RIP Misty x

17. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear of your loss.
    RIP Misty xxx

18. u-look-like-a-hamster

u-look-like-a-hamster PetForums VIP

Awwwh poor misty :(

R.I.P lil one

why not get some lab rats :)

Xxx

i am soon :D

xx

19. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Aww im so sorry to hear this!

RIP Misty :(
    xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice