Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

i think lilly may have pups on the way

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Blissful Dog Groomer, May 25, 2010.

1. Blissful Dog Groomer

Blissful Dog Groomer PetForums Member

her temp was 37.7 this morning i checked her at 16.11 and her temp now is 36.4 she keeps pacing an about 5 mins ago i noticed disharge from her im nervous now and want to make sure shes ok but i have to do dog grooming tonight so will have to leave her wi hubby from 6.30 til 9 and i want to be here with her he wont check on her as much as me or write anything down :/ i want to look after my little baby llol

2. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

I'm sorry but I'd cancel your client and explain the situation and say you'll do the dog in a few days maybe aty reduced price?

3. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Than cancel your grooming appointment! I'm sure they will understand if you explain. If you don't think you hubby is up to the job it would be irresponsible of you to leave, anything could happen :eek:

4. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

I'd cancell the appointment I'm sure they will understand. When my sheltie had her last litter 1992 (I'm old) I had arranged for an emergency backup at work so I called in sick and told them who was working for me, I said I'm in doggy labour LOL

5. nic76

nic76 PetForums Member

agree with above. you need to cancel. be home with your girl or she may fret when she needs you most xx good luck xx

6. Blissful Dog Groomer

ive dropped of my assignments as it was a college grooming lesson and there not busy which is good so im bk with lilly although it doesnt look like anythings happening i feel better being here with her, everything is ready and sat out for when its needed i keep going over the book of the bitch too an checked with the vet theres someone on call if needed so well just have to wait and see what happens :rolleyes: :)

7. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Good luck,hope all goes well :)

8. greyrockinghorse

greyrockinghorse PetForums Junior

ooo how exciting wish it was happening here, were on day 60 and thought today might be it after a temp drop form 37.6 to 37 at lunch. But no:mad: i don't think so, temp is up to 37.3 and she chased a rabbit accross the paddock and is eating lots, she is weeing lots and eating grass are they signs too? I will be keeping a close eye though and on your progress too!!!:)

9. Blissful Dog Groomer

hi again does the temp stay low or can it go up and down? its now higher than the last two readings?

10. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

What time did you notice the drop, how long before was the last temp check. It maybe that you missed when it first droped. Keep doing it every hour. It might be that you weren't accurate in the reading.

11. Blissful Dog Groomer

lilly has just tried to squash herself under my bed and i got her out an she has gone on her whelping box digging:thumbup:

12. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Sounds like things are moving

13. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Good luck with the birth.

14. Blissful Dog Groomer

Thanks for the good luck messages :) and all advice we have had so far :D i will keep you all posted as i dont think i will be able to sleep knowing i need to keep an eye on her shes not paniting or anything im going to take her out for a wee, and get her something to eat and drink as we are upstairs in our bedroom at the minute x thanks again everyone

15. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Keep her on a lead and take a torch

16. Blissful Dog Groomer

yep we have them too hand the torch was with the petnap kit which i wouldnt of thought off if not with that

17. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

You may as well set up a bed on settee so you can be close to her through the night. Me and OH were doing split sleep shifts the night before and even though she waited til the morning it could have been anytime during the night.

Good luck with it all, I'll try to stay up as late as I can and keep this page open ;)

18. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

Any news yet?

19. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

The suspense is killing me!! Any news? Any pupsters? :)

20. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Good luck!!! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice