Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I think I need a bit of comfort.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Maiisiku, May 31, 2010.

1. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I'm practically in tears. My landlord said no to another cat.

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh my god :( oh no :( poor Pepsi :crying:

3. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

oh hun im so sorry :( xxx

4. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

im sorry :frown:

5. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I feel absolutly horrible. At first it sounded good because he said 'I can't see any reason why not' and I now have to call the RSPCA and tell them my landlord changed his mind. He's going to get a shock when I hand him my notice. I begged my grandad to help me with a deposit to move and he said yes. I'm now as of today looking for somewhere else to live.

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw so sorry mate xx
    He will be kicking himself if he gets a crappy tenent in after you too ;) what a jerk :(

7. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I hope he gets students that trash the place.

8. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

((((hugs))))

9. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry to hear that Hun

xx

10. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Thanks, I haven't calmed down yet. But we have decided we're moving. Hubby told me I can't have another cat even if we move now and he's in a bad mood. Hopefully he won't punch the landlord and will let me get a cat. He was totally disrespectful with the way he said no.

11. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

oh no hun:(

landlords are bstards:mad:

yeah lets hope he gets some messy students in after u. or better still lets hope a bomb drops on the property haha

12. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

From your past posts you seem like the ideal tenant, some landlords seem to get a god complex thinking they can lord it over the tenants, how much more of a risk is another cat if you already have one:confused:.

13. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

Im sorry to hear he said no to you.... did he give any reason as i know you said he was asking his wife? just let your OH have his bad mood im sure you will win him round when he has calmed down.

sorry again xx hugs xx

14. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Yeah Hubby calmed down. He said we can but he doesn't want to move and thinks I'm being inmature. I feel horrible for poor Pepsi...

15. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

i don't think you are being imature as i know if my landlord told me i couldn't have another dog or what not after getting my hopes up and then speaking to me in a cheeky manner then i would be rather annoyed

16. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I am quite upset that he dragged it out from thursday to monday and got my hopes up. He's made me let down a friend, the cat that I was going to adopt and compleatly made me hate him because of the way he spoke to me. He said one cat is enough for THAT property. When I asked him if I may please ask as to why he said clause blah blah states that you may not have a pet with out prior written consent. In other words he may have just said 'I'm not giving you a reason, it's because I said so'.
    I'm 25 not a child I don't apeciate being treated like one.

17. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

nah its not nice being spoken to as if you are lower than them my landlord hasn't ever bothered with us.

At least if he had said its my property my rules blagh blagh blagh then he would have been honest rather than treating you like a child and getting your hopes up.

i am sorry you have had to go through this its not nice

18. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Bottom line is I respect it's his property and his rules, however I pay him money so I expect to be spoken to with some respect. Also he's an uncompassionate b word how can he have heard all about Pepsi needing a home and not let me rehome her. I don't like people who don't like animals they genrally are not people I want to associate with.

19. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

yeah im not really a people person as most people don't care about animals these days and yeah I believe that if you pay for your home you should be aloud to have animals in it as long as you don't destroy the house and im sure 2 cats wouldn't destroy a house as ive lived in several houses with 2 plus cats in them..

Just hope you are ok though.

*Kara*

20. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I'm ok... I'm just upset I had to let my friend and the cat I was going to adopt down. I can move out anyway. I have 2 months left on the contract and my grandad said he'd help me move.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice