UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I want an opinion as to whether or not i should take Gizzy to the vet. I think probably not but i cant help worrying.

I noticed this morning that she suddenly has a little bald patch on her ear, I am pretty sure it wasnt there last night when she was on my lap.

I have looked at it and it isnt red or sore looking, she isnt itching it either. It is about half a centimetre in diameter. she is an indoor cat so I dont think it can be ringworm.

Her and Billy were playing chase at bed time last night - but surely if a chunk of fur came out in their rough and tumble she would of made a noise? or it would look sore??

So what do you reckon?

·
Dad to Puss Puss and Shadow
4,844 Posts
Maybe just keep an eye on it. Has the skin been broken?

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
human-to-human contact
human-to-animal contact - for example, by stroking an infected dog or cat
human-to-object contact - both animals and humans can leave traces of fungi spores on objects and surfaces, such as towels, clothing, bed linen, combs or brushes
human-to-soil contact - less commonly, you can develop a ringworm infection after lengthy exposure to infected soil

Its very easy to spread once you have it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
human-to-human contact
human-to-animal contact - for example, by stroking an infected dog or cat
human-to-object contact - both animals and humans can leave traces of fungi spores on objects and surfaces, such as towels, clothing, bed linen, combs or brushes
human-to-soil contact - less commonly, you can develop a ringworm infection after lengthy exposure to infected soil

Its very easy to spread once you have it.
Thanks for the info!

*note to self buy sanatising gel on the way home*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.