Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I think Freddy isn't well :(

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by catlover0581, Feb 5, 2012.

1. catlover0581

catlover0581 PetForums VIP

poor little Freddy really isn't himself :crying: wondered if any PF marvels could tell what they think.....

he's been really quiet - no charging around and jumping up on things - he's not even that excited when the food comes out - he eats it fine, but just not that into it today. i thought it was the snowy garden that spooked him today when he looked out the window (his eyes went out on stalks lol), but he's just laying in strange places (outside the bathroom door, sitting in the hall as if he just can't be bothered to go any further).

he's being extra affectionate too - he is normally, but even more so today...and he wouldn't settle down earlier on the sofa, so i gave him Tilly (she was on my lap asleep) and he cuddled up with her and went to sleep 'hugging' her. it's very sweet to see, but not when i'm worrying about his health. the only thing i can see that may be 'wrong' is his white (3rd?) eyelid - it's a bit yellow on the edges, and he looks like he's chipped a canine slightly.

could either of these things be the problem? or is he just having a lazy day and can't be bothered? i'll be calling the vets tomorrow first thing, but would appreciate any advise.

better get ready to drive the OH Nivara in the snow tomorrow! :eek:

2. broccoli

broccoli PetForums VIP

sorry, dont know - but i would have him checked out- just for your sanity....:)

3. catlover0581

yeah i'm going to call them first thing tomorrow - no snow will keep me indoors when Freddy might be poorly! think Tilly may have to come too - he seems to settle only when she's with him atm :( poor little boy :crying:

4. catlover0581

over 30 views and only one reply :( :crying::crying:

5. Jansheff

Jansheff PetForums VIP

It's difficult to know what to do when there's nothing you can actually put your finger on, but your cat just seems quieter than usual, isn't it? A fine line between being a paranoid pet owner and dashing off to the vet or hanging on to see if he perks up. I know I've spent several anxious days thinking that one of mine has been very quiet and sleepy all day, only to have them charging around at midnight. Being able to see the third eyelid, though, is usually a sign of them not feeling too good.

If he hasn't livened up and still seems off colour you're right to ring for an appointment tomorrow. Hope you wake up to find him springing around the place!

6. catlover0581

i really don't want to be paranoid, but then as you know if he really is ill and i leave it i'd feel even worse..argh so stressful!! lol

i hope he wakes up full of the joys too - i've bathed his eyes with some cooled boiled water...he didn't like it but let me do it. hopefully it will make them feel better even if it doesn't fix anything - there's no discharge so i suppose that's a good sign....

pets bring us so much joy, yet so much worry at times don't they?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice