UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not in the best of mood right now. I haven't been able to sleep at all, and it's because of Ripley.

Around 9pm tonight after they were fed, I was standing with my back to the kitchen window. Because Ripley didn't recogonise me - He FREAKED out, with his ''OMFG!!'' barking. It's not a play bark, it's an actual panic bark, along with whimpering and pacing.

A few hours pass and everything is quiet so I go to bed. Ripley kicks off again, but this time he doesn't shush.

I've been out to the yard to see what is going on, Tucker and Milo are out cold, and because they're not worked up, I know there's nothing to be concerned about (Tucker and Milo are more territorial about the garden) - Ripley was hysterical however. It's almost as if he was the only one who could see something and it was scaring him!

Needless to say it's currently 7:08am and I've not slept once. I could not see anything in or around the yard that was possibly upsetting him, I locked them into the pen (usually it calms them down) but he was having none of it. I'm exhausted, frustrated and in pain with my joint condition (Hyper Mobility Syndrome). Sleeping usually helps that but I haven't been able to sleep tonight at all with Ripley's frantic barking, whimpering and pacing.

I don't believe for a second anything is out there, if there had been, Tucker and Milo would have been equally upset, but they were both in bed. Ripley was insane tonight. And I can really only think of one thing.

That dog is paranoid.

Anyways, I'm not in the best of mood obviously, having gone a whole night with no sleep, a headache and two sore wrists. So yeah I'm quite frustrated, I don't understand what has upset him, I just know he was upset about something tonight, and it's kept us both awake.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poor Ripley; could it have been the sudden big drop in temperature here? Kilo won't settle if he's cold.
I'm not sure... Milo seemed fine? :confused:
Ripley also seems to have finally settled now too, but I've completely given up on trying to get sleep. It's almost 8am and I just don't see a point anymore in trying to get some sleep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.