Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I swear Im going mad!!

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by _soph_, Aug 7, 2009.

1. _soph_

_soph_ PetForums Junior

After "Syd and "Lilly" had their recent "manage et tois" with the local Tom the new arrivals are expected anytime...So the waiting game begins...

I am desperate to be there for the birth of the kittens but because we don't know when it happened we have to be alert for any signs and of course be patient.

Last night Syd was acting very strange, scratching around and restless. I decided not to follow her as I didn't want to put her off. A little while later, at approximately 1.00am (not sleeping much at the mo) I heard a tiny squeak, only very faint but definitely a squeak. HOW EXCITING.... I began searching for Syd and looking for her usual "haunts" but could not find her anywhere (lilly was sleeping peacefully on the kitchen table so I knew it wasn't her). 30 minutes later....After checking the lounge, kitchen, Computer room, dining room, downstairs toilets and all upstairs bedrooms, I STILL couldn't find her or any newborn "squeakers". VERY STRANGE...especially as the "squeaking" seemed to be following me. I eventually found Syd fast asleep in one of the wardrobes upstairs purring and very content but no babies. I was very confused at this point and worried. What if she had given birth and left them in different places around the house? I started frantically searching and was getting a little bit upset. I COULD STILL HEAR SQUEAKING! I calmed myself down and listened very carefully....There it was again....It seemed to be every few seconds.....And when I was breathing out...I then realised....I had a squeak in my nose and everytime I was breathing out slightly harder, my nose made that ridiculous noise!!!):D

TOLD YOU I WAS GOING MAD!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:ut:

2. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

i have got sayi haven't laughted like that in such a long time it is something i would do. Keep us posted i can't type propley throught the tears

ruth

xx

3. ruthmcnally

hi

i have just read your post to my husband and mum and they both laughted. My poppy got out and i had a estimated delivery date and she still not had them but i am in your possition not sleeping well and any noise it waking me. I hope they know how much they are loved. But hopefully not much longer to wait. keep us posted

4. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

lol! that is so funny, im going to ban my cat to the living room the week she is due, im having nightmares that she does that and i find a dead kittens weeks later.....cant wait to hear some good news! so both your cats are having kittens to the same tom? what colour are your queens? and what colour was the tom?

5. _soph_

_soph_ PetForums Junior

Hi ruthmcnally and kitties!

How lovely to hear from you both! I'm glad you liked the story, my husband thinks the whole thing is hilarious, especially how I am with them both! He sits with stroppy Ted (my male cat who really is quite cantankerous!) on his knee and they both stare at me while Im following my pregnant queens!

Ruthmcally - I have been following your post ref your "poppy" avidly and take comfort that its not just me going through this! I shall be keeping everything crossed that it all goes well and if you ever want to chat to someone going through exactly the same as you....I'm here!

Kitties - Well the "little whore house in England" houses the sultry "Lilly" who certainly knows how to show the boys a "good time" (grey)

and.... Introducing "Sydney" Cheeky, delightful with her own slogan "anything goes" (tabby)

As far as we are aware the said father (as advised by our neighbour who had seen a "new cat sniffing about who definitely hadn't been neutered) is a tabby with white belly, chest and legs! Having said that mine being "Good time gals" your guess is as good as mine! I have asked them many times..."Who's the daddy?" But they just look at me with disdain flick their tails and walk to food bowl for their servant to provide them with more ham!!!:D I just curtsey and get on with it!

Attached Files:

6. ruthmcnally

i to have had several words with my kittie and she just looks at me as if im the one going mad i have had discussions tonite that i would greatly appreciate it if she could have her babies tonite as i don't know how im going to cope anylonger my husband thinks that i have gone round the bend he says he saw her playing with a tabby cat n the front lawn but she won't confirm it. So here i am hubbys gone to work and im sitting on the top of the bed waiting to hear those tell tell signs that something is happening but nothing. She is very agitated tonite won't sit still and i eave her for a bit then i go after her to see what she is upto. My two children 6yrs and 1yr will be up at about 6 so i need to get some sleep but i think that she has other expectations.

i will keep you informed happy kittening lets hope that its all over soon

ruth

xx

7. sjreilly72

sjreilly72 PetForums Member

OMG I have never laughed so hard I really thought you where going to find kittens all over the house lol!!!!:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Make sure you blow your nose before the next inspection hun :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes: :lol::lol:

8. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

I will be the same in 2 weeks and by then you two will be old pros.

I know the tom, they were very kind and mated right before our eyes in the garden 4 times. He is mostly white with some black and Amber is the tabby on my pics.

Good luck both of you! Ill be back for update in morning.

The box ive prepared for Amber has my other cat sleeping in it! Typical!

Night Night

9. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Hahahahahahahahhahahahah that is brilliant :D thank you so much you have made me laugh till I weeed pmsl

:)

Mel x

10. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Hahahha that is so funny !!! :D

11. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

anything happening with your two yet? update please!

12. ruthmcnally

i wish i'm going to be grey by the time we get there.

13. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

That is the funniest thing I've heard in sooooo long!!
    Waiting for kittens can make you slightly loopy though!!!
    I think readers of this thread have learnt an invaluable lesson:
    Next time you go looking for kittens.... blow your nose first!
    xxxx

14. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

I already am grey so no worries there lol! Wheres that hair dye? My little girls is just soooo sleepy right now, really cant be bothered with anything, apart from food when I stick it under her nose.

15. paws_for_thought

paws_for_thought PetForums Newbie

haha! that made me laugh!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice