Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I should stop looking at dog adverts

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ellenlouisepascoe, Sep 30, 2013.

1. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

On certain websites :mad:

Beautiful Siberian Husky
    £300
    5 months old my beautiful baby boy I'm absolutely devastated I have to let him go, he dosnt come with papers, I love him so much but I'v been told I have to let him go because of my little girl keeps playing rough with him and she's gone in school with scratches.

Errr tell your child to stop?

2. mollypip

mollypip PetForums Senior

Oh dear Im the very same!!! Thought it was just me lol. Im often looking at them only to get really mad and upset myself. The usual is the old "moving to apartment" lark. What really gets me though is a lot of these people (not all) will hand over their dog to the first person who calls without doing any work to see what kind of a home their dog is going to:-(

3. rose

rose PetForums VIP

I drive myself mad reading them as well. The cat and dog ones! Cat needs rehoming as doesn't like new puppy :mad:, mother and 5 kittens free to good home ASAP, 15 year old cat on meds needs home ASAP , 3 elderly cavaliers needs home ASAP all on meds have bad teeth etc etc. the amount that need to rehome as owner is pregnant, landlord doesn't allow pets, don't match the decor anymore!!!!:mad5:

4. BenBoy

BenBoy Banned

I saw an ad for a 9 month old Yorkie for sale the other day...how much for?
    ...£850?!!!!!

5. sashski

sashski PetForums Senior

Makes me so angry. Pets are for life. If I ever have to move, my cats are coming with come hell or high water, if for any reason (and I really hope it doesn't happen) me and my partner split, and he wishes to have the cats I will get a court order for visitation rights lol

6. Fluffster

Fluffster Crazy for cockers

It makes me so angry when I see stuff about "Having to move house so need to rehome" blah blah. Erm, would you rehome your kids if you had to move house?! I would never move somewhere I couldn't take the animals, when I got my cats and my dog, I got them to have them for life, no matter what, and I expect to have them through house moves, future pregnancies, whatever lifes throws at us as they are our family! Grr. I know that in some rare situations, rehoming an animal has to be done (owner ill, really severe money probs), but those situations are few and far between.

7. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

The ones that upset me most are the 8 - 10 week old puppies... with a hefty price tag of course - I can't help but think they'd rather make some money off them them give them back to the breeder
    "work schedule not working out"
    "not enough time"
    "kids too rough"

and the oldies...
    I just cant comprehend how someone can spend 10+ years with a dog then just palm it off to whoever wants it
    "had him/her since a puppy, not enough space now"
    "the kids dont like him/her"
    :crying:

8. Prowl

Prowl Guest

The cat ones are worse then the dog ones and the hamster ones are even worse then the two put together o.0.

It brings me to the conclusion to trust my own instincts you can't trust anyone and rescue instead.

I will never get an animal from a breeder again unless its going free.

9. ellenlouisepascoe

I had a huge argument with someone on facebook over it, I said if for any VALID reason I had to re home my two such as a life threatening illness or major money problems/ losing house I would be giving them to breed specific rehoming centers or be finding someone I know and trust with experience of their kinds to re home them. At no point would I expect to be given money for "getting rid" of my dog, a girl on Facebook said to me " Of course you would you would want back as much as you had paid out for them!" ....

My dogs are not a possession , they're not a shiny car of a big screen TV they're my family. I wouldn't sell my Mam, or my Sister why my dogs?
    ( Maybe I would sell my sister if the price was right but she's really annoying :lol: )

10. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

LOL :D

Getting back how much you paid for them makes no sense to me - thats probably the cheapest bit of owning a dog so in the long run is pretty darn irrelevant

11. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

I don't understand some people, my toddler gets scratched by the cat occasionally by accident, she even showed her scratches to the community nurse lmao who didn't look very happy about it, I told her it's part of life you cant protect children from every bump and scratch, she isn't scared of the cat or dog they respect each other. a few scratches doesn't mean you have to rehome an animal that's the worst excuse I've heard

My daughters community nurse told me she likes dogs then when she came round said she doesn't agree with people having dogs and young children because 'dogs are dangerous' and that my boy cant be trusted around my daughter because he doesn't like strangers :rolleyes:. I told her he's part of the family and my daughters best friend and there's no way he's going anywhere else

12. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

I would sell my sister too, though I think I would have to pay someone to take her so I would be out of pocket :lol:

13. Meezey

Meezey Slave to the Black & Tans and the Trundle Bugs.

I don't look at them very little point :) I get angry and the person never changes their mind. Do go near FB groups either.

I do think their are often valid reason for someone to rehome, but those reasons are few and far between, usually the owner has just had enough, they don't care where they go and they never tell the truth about why they are really re-homing, so people end up with this less than perfect dog with lots of issues and then low an behold they have a reason they can't keep it.

If it's a valid reason for rehoming they will wait so they can approach and ask rescues..

14. ellenlouisepascoe

I am going to ban myself from them from future!

In fact I know that if I couldn't keep mine my mam would have them, and she knows if she couldn't keep hers I'd have her in a heartbeat.

You can tell the ones that just want rid of the dog, normally at a similar asking price as a pup, always the " No fault of their own" " I can't give them time" " I am having a baby" " I am moving house"

If I was moving house the first thing I would be checking is " Can my dog come with me?"

15. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

The selling sites on facebook are awful im in a pet one for plain fact that there are some good doggy bits going cheap like many others do on them id never buy any animal from them

I have advised people trying to sell or give pets away to get in touch with a rescue as have others on there, but im afraid most of it falls on deaf ears or we are told by other members to stop interfering :(

16. zedder

zedder PetForums VIP

Exactly we are moving house solely for the dog so he's got a bigger garden for agility and training purposes I would love to get another dog it would have to get along with ike though probably be a rescue next time if I do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice