Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I should have known better!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kinjilabs, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Was on facebook and saw an ad for a lost Springer Spaniel, so off I go to preloved, looking through just incase anyone was selling anything suspicious:rolleyes:must be my detective side coming out:)

You wouldnt believe how many young Springers are being sold on:( cant cope etc, wish people would check what breeds are like before they buy:rolleyes:

So anyway nothing to report on there as far as the ad was concerned, so goes on to dogs lost site:( now Im really depressed:( loads and loads of missing dogs, quite a few in my area too, makes you want to go and look for them, poor owners must be frantic:(:(

Think I need a glass of wine:eek::eek:

2. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

I've noticed this too and feel saddened that these people realise that these dogs are 'too much' for them :(

I'm sure there are a few genuine frantic owners but there are also probably a minority that don't give a monkey's about the whereabouts of their dogs :(

Think I'll join you in having a drink - mine is a Baileys on ice - cheers! :)

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I honestly couldnt believe how many there were, nearly all with the same story, cant cope:(

4. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

Me and my elder sister had one heck of an argument 2 years ago because she said she was buying an ESS - from a guy in a pub......:yikes: I know for a fact if we'd not had that talk, she'd have been in the same situation, or else I'd have ended up with a Springer too, not the dog for me personally, but I was so relieved she actually sat and listened to me for once in her life. :rolleyes:

So sad though that people don't do much, if any, research before they buy, I bet they do when they're buying mobiles, or iPods/Pads though.:(

5. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

I can't help but feel a bit frustrated about this because the dogs suffer, as in upheaval. :( I hope that they will be fortunate to go to people who can cope with these high demand dogs and have a very happy fulfilling life. I have two but have the time for them although they drive me potty at times!! :D

6. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

It is worrying, I suppose a lot of them just want "rid" if they cant cope:(

I love Springers but would never have one for just that reason, I know! I couldnt cope with one:eek:

7. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

It's the same story out here with all sorts of breeds, the owner can't cope or the dog "needs more than we can give". I'm sure it's no coincidence that they're almost all between 6 months and 2 years either....

8. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Gosh i could have written this, it is breaking my heart at the number of springers from just a few weeks old upwards looking to be rehomed 'through no fault of their own'.

I simply can not have more as i dont have a fixed income or secure job income and the potential vets bills alone are something i couldnt risk the future of my own two to take on, but so many of them i would dearly love to have been able to. :(

I would if money was no object have a housefull of the best dogs ever Springers! :yikes::D

I also struggle to see that if they really loved and wanted a springer how they havent been able to cope, i am a newby to all dogs, my love is for springers and i would do anything necessary to make it work and they have been more than i could ever have hoped for.

#8 Rolosmum, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  9. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

Tis funny - a few years ago, I wouldn't have considered a Springer but because my bf (now my hubby) had a Springer who was bonkers, (the dog lived with his Mum and Dad) you could say I was made aware of what they needed and could be like so when we were looking to get a dog, we got Jasmine who is our older Springer. THEN we got Coco!! :yikes: As I work from home, I am able to give what they need. Those dogs don't know how lucky they are!! :D

I can't say I like that word 'rid'!! :eek:

10. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

We'd have to move out!! :D

11. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Nooo, look at this you could easily have a housefull!
    [​IMG]

12. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

:laugh:

Aren't they lovely?! My dogs would be well jealous if they saw this pic - they're not allowed on the settees unless we are on them first! (in the most comfortable place of course) :D

If we really stretched ourselves, we could fit another two but two is enough for us (and our sanity!)

:D

13. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

We have leather sofas, they are pretty much allowed to sit on them whenever they want, (gives them somewhere away from our day job!), but they know they move if needed to, i was sat at the end of them to take the pic. Rolos favourite place is in the crook of my leg as i am sat!:001_wub: It is purely the money and the potential effect on our business that has to stop us at two really.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice