Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I rescued 2 dogs today

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Blitz, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

First one I had met two people walking their cavalier. We went our separate ways and a bit later I realised I had 3 dogs. It ran off into the trees and then the owner came looking and I told her where the dog was. It then joined me again and I could hear the owners frantic calls. It then ran off in a panic in the wrong direction so I followed it, put it on the lead and went searching for the owners.

Second one was a greyhound going along the road into the village. It walked out in front of a car and was nearly hit so the friend I was with stopped too and the driver of the car got out and got hold of it. I was fairly sure where it lived so I took it home, no one there but the dog convinced me it was home. It ran round the back to the garden so I shut the gate and left it. I have spoken since to a relative who thanked me and said it had no road sense so would have been hit.

My two good deeds for the day!

tabelmabel, FAW56, DL1996 and 18 others like this.
  2. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

Gosh good job you were there especially the second dog that is so dangerous.

Blitz likes this.
  3. margy

margy PetForums VIP

Good on you for helping, so many people walk on by , it's too much bother for them.

Blitz and lullabydream like this.
  4. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

I thought you were adding to your family!

5. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Well done :)

It makes you think of the “what if’s” for sure if you hadn’t been there at the right time.

I caught a Husky the other morning running loose down a lane used as a rat run to the local school and which leads to a busy main road too.

I’d heard a woman shouting as it appeared round the bend then came running towards Jack and I. For a second I hoped it wasn’t the one that had attacked a greyhound in the past ..... but it just had a friendly look about it as well as a “help me” look in it’s eye.

I had a spare lead as it happened and he happily let me and Jack take him up the side road the shouting had come from, just as his owner appeared in her car ready to widen the search.

FAW56, Firedog, Sarah H and 3 others like this.
  6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Well done too.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  7. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I know. The gate did not have a catch on it, apparently someone must have closed it from the outside, it is supposed to have something up against it on the inside.

8. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

Wow good job you were around to help! Especially the greyhound!

Lurcherlad and Blitz like this.
  9. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Good job you were around!

Blitz likes this.
  10. Sairy

Sairy PetForums VIP

Well done Blitz!

Blitz and margy like this.
  11. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Oh good for you! Those dogs and owners were lucky you were around!

A few weeks ago, we were pulling in to a parking lot, it's at a boat ramp, supposed to be used to launch your boat, then park in that area, so as you can imagine, pretty busy, and people pulling, loading and unloading canoes, kayaks etc.

As we were pulling in, we had to stop and wait on this young child chasing her dog. The dog was walking/trotting away from her, child calling the dog and chasing the dog further out on to the road (quiet road in to the parking lot, but still). The dog would stop, see that the girl was still following and continue on. I couldn't bear it, so I put my truck in park right there in the middle of the road, got out, and instructed the girl to walk away from her dog, then call him. As soon as the girl turned around, sure enough the little dog turned around too, ran back towards the girl, past her, and back towards the parking lot and I assumed some sort of responsible (or not) adult.

Makes me so very angry. Both child and dog were in the middle of a road for crying out loud! How hard is it to put a damn leash on your dog?! The people I assumed were with the girl were busy loading boats, totally oblivious to what was happening. :Rage:Rage

Blitz, Lurcherlad and FAW56 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice