Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I really want a cat!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by lifeizsweet, May 15, 2010.

1. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

ARGH Why does my OH hate cats so much! I miss having one around the house, my old girl was 13 when i moved out, so decided it was better for her to stay at my mums.

OH was willing to let her come live with us, but he won't even entertain the idea of another cat.

I know he hates them...but i love them!

I am so jealous of all you cat owners out there!

2. jen24

jen24 Banned

Aww, have mine, shes a right sod!!! lol :lol::lol:

maybe he will come round?! bug him till he does :thumbup:

3. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Oh how sad:frown: Maybe you could work on your oh,I'm lucky mine loves cats,in fact it was for my 18th birthday that he got me my own first cat,now 26 years on we have got our third cat who is 15 tomorrow:thumbup: I can't imagine never having a cat,but I always say not again I hate the pain on losing them,but never say never:)

4. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

I think if you had my guys they'd just firm you other half beliefs :lol:

I can understand the feeling as my Ex hated cats (Well he said he disliked them and didn't like them being around)

Every guy I meet says they hate cats here comes my single life for the next fifty years.

5. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

It took nearly 18 years to persuade my OH to get a cat. In the end he was away for a week, I went and got our little Rosie without telling him and she was here when he got back. He was besotted within hours! Maybe your OH will be the same?

6. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I don't think so....his ex did that, but got 2 of them.... relationship was short lived after they came to stay....

7. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Get him kicked into touch!!!:D

8. malibu

malibu Guest

My OH hated cats, but he has come round to Tia, hope yours will aswell x

9. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

sorry your other half doesnt like cats, what a shame. mine said i can only have two, so i think i should count myself lucky and stop moaning for a third,:)

10. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

When I fist started dating my hubby, he made it clear that not only did he dislike cats, but he was extremely allergic (had really bad asthma at the time).

Well I had kind of dealt with the prospect of never owning a cat ... until my next door neighbours put up a sign offering a litter "free to a good home".

I named her Fisher in a hope that Chris would love her if only for the fact she shared his name :lol: I knew I was taking the risk of ruining a relatively new relationship. But since I had moved over 50 miles a week after meeting him, just so I could be near him ... well I thought one little cat won't ruin things surely?

Turns out that when Chris first met Fisher, he did have trouble breathing, but he also fell in love with her tiny cuteness.

As it turns out though, he had been told he was allergic to cats, and had never really been in constant contact with one to find that actually he wasn't allergic at all! But he thought he was and that was enough to trigger enough panic in him to make it feel like he was if that makes sense.

Anyway, we are happily married almost 14 years later, and we have had many cats in that time. This last two weeks he has been on holiday from work, so he could help with our Rilly Pop's first litter of kitties :D He's a crazy cat lover just like me now, and is trying to convince me to keep two kitties instead of just the one we had initially planned :lol:

There is a way to every mans heart, you just have to find it ;) In my case it was rescuing a kitten (I may have told him I rescued it ...) from the streets, and showing him just how adorable a kitten can be. Nakedness and pouting lips may also of helped my cause :lol:.

11. mckitty

mckitty PetForums VIP

my partner went on about getting a cat but i was adamant i dint want one so he got one behind my back and hes been with us just over a year and half now, wouldnt be without him, hes the best cat ever !

maybe take him along to your local cpl and see if there are any furrypurries he likes the look of ;)

12. NigelB

NigelB PetForums Newbie

I'd always been brought up with dogs and not been keen on cats. When I met my OH we both worked so a dog was out of the question, but she had a cat. For some reason she (the cat!) decided she loved me and that's all it took for me to be smitten. Sadly she got run over a couple of years later, but we've always had cats since and they have usually chosen us. There's something very special about a cat that chooses to come and live with you! Wouldn't be without them now - we have 2 plus 4 kittens 10 days old. Much discussion going on about how many we keep!:rolleyes:

13. Tiger1054

Tiger1054 PetForums Newbie

My OH didn't have a choice, if he wanted me then the cat came as part of the package! He grew up on a farm where cats lived outside and were only there to catch the vermin so he'd alway seen them as a bit dirty and didn't care much for them. When I first met him Tiger was still in Quarrantine (I brought him home from the middle east) so my OH drove me to see him every month for four months!!
    It took a while for OH to come to terms with the fact the cat shared the bed!! Sadly we had to have him pts in sept and OH was almost as gutted as I was. There was no argument about having another one, in fact when we went to see the litter his eyes lit up when he spotted Devon so he actually picked him. To my surprise 6 months later he didn't bat an eyelid when I said I wanted another one!!
    Is there something that your OH really wants that you could use as leverage? tit for tat!!!!
    Good luck with converting him, keep at it.

14. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

My other half is the same...he threatens all sorts but then you see him cuddling Felix when he thinks your not looking.

You could do what I did, just get one!! haha. I hid Felix in my room for 2 days before telling my old housemates. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice