Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I really need to complain :( Sorry in advance!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Maiisiku, May 30, 2010.

1. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Sorry i know I was on having a grumble this morning but I'm really upset. I got a text from my landlord saying Bailey had pooed in the diningroom behind the door. I was thinking this is so out of character for her. When i got home it was puke. It was clumped up food because I'd just changed her dry food to james welbeloved to purley as it was cheaper. He's been really picking at me about the cat since I got her and although I have a contract it's starting to really upset me. I asked for another cat and although he said he'd let his wife make the decission he told me he never wanted me to have a cat to begin with.

I feel he didn't really need to say that even if he thought it and he could have been more sensative about the issue. I've had Bailey 6 months and I'm not giving her up! I love her like a child! I really do want to be able to get the other cat I mentioned earlier as I know I'd love her as much as Bailey but I have a sinking feeling right now and I'm going to have problems sleeping tonight as he said he'd tell me tomorrow.

She was shut in the diningroom for 2 nights and I came home yesterday to let her have a run around and some attention. He keeps bullying me to let her outside when she's an indoor cat and was before I got her. We live near a busy road...

Still trying to be optemistic!
    .xx

Edit: I forgot to mention he told me to put her in the room as he was fixing the floorboards and I had to be away from the house for 2 nights. I came back in the day to spend time with her and check on my other pets. Userally she has full run of the house.

#1 Maiisiku, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Was your landlord in your house without you being there? Did you know he was going in? Cats can be sick he needs to get over it, what if your little girl was sick on the floor would he say you cant have children in the house.

3. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

He was there with out me because he had to do work on the floorboards. It was the fact he said it was poop that made me so annoyed. I really want to adopt Pepsi more than anything and she'd be well loved and taken care of if he says no because of this I'll be devistated.

I'm also extreemly upset because he stressed Bailey out so much she was meiowing. She wouldn't come out of the diningroom until she realised it was me and noone else was there.

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

He have probably frightened her by the knocking and banging on the floorboards poos thing. I cant see the problem with having a cat or two, its not like they are going to do damage to anything. I hope he changes his mind and lets you have the other one.xxx

5. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Thats the thing though it wasn't poo it was puke! I really hope so too. I don't want to let Pepsi down :(

6. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

awww, nasty bleeder !!

Does he live in the same building as you? does he get your permission to entre your living space first? (just sounds to me, he is over stepping the mark, bieng a bit over fimaliar.)
    You say it is on your contract that he allowed cats?

It has nothing to do with him - so she was poorly in your dining room, that you are renting off him. Be firm, and tell him the facts....he has no right to tell you to put your cat outside....if the agreement says it is ok to have a cat, then he can not just change his mind...she is trainned to use a litter tray ? i really dont see what the problem is. I can see if would be difficult, if you share the house with him?

7. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

No I rent the whole property. He was in fixing the floorboards and so I was staying at my grandad's he told me to shut her in the diningroom as he didn't want to take responsibility for her if she ran out the house. She was so scared of him he opened the door and she didn't leave until I got home. She didn't even then until she got a lot of reasurance.

She is litter trained and the whole house is clean. Not a scratchmark from her. My contract states 'One Cat' so in order for me to have another I have to get him to sign another contract. I don't think I'm being unresonable asking for another cat. I don't see the diffirence between 2. He picks at every problem and I know he is just trying to protect his investment but he's already got on the contract I will get the house cleaned by 3rd party professionals upon request, I will remove the cats and all traces of them 2 months prior to the contract ending (I have somewhere for them to go not a prob). But I really don't understand what the problem is!!

8. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

I dont see what the problem is either, the daft nit.

Cats are so clean too, maybe go through the wife....

I have an idea......will pm you in a mo !!!

9. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

I know that cats are a diffirent situation to dogs. He already said no Dogs. The previous tenant had 2 and they messed up the carpets and backgarden. I've messaged you back.

10. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

I don't see why he couldn't have just shut his pipehole and cleaned it up, it would only have taken him two minutes... :rolleyes:

11. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Got your message xxx Let us know you get on hun...keep stressing, it was sick, and not poo!! that cats will only use litter trays...so unfair of him to be punishing you because of previous tenents mistakes.... stupid man.

Fingers crossed xxx

12. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

The thing is the previous tenant just got the dogs with out asking. I asked for my cat and I asked if I could have another. He also thinks cats don't need company and are solitary animals. Which I told him is a matter of opinion. I really want to call and ask now I want to know now but I don't want to presure him and then make him say no because of me being pushy. So I'm going to text him at 5 and see if he replies if not I'll call about 6 which I think is a respectable time as I don't want to disterb dinner which I think most people have at 5 >.>

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice